Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Totally Stellar, Rock Star FA!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DELTA
Thumbs up Totally Stellar, Rock Star FA!!!

I flew SEA-MSP last Thursday, and I have to say that the FC FA on my flight, Tom (remember his name), has to be the most hard working, customer focused FA I have ***EVER*** seen on a NW flight. From the time I boarded until the time I deplaned, Tom was working to make sure that every PAX in FC was taken care of. When I flew home on Sunday, it was hard going back to the usual level of service from the FA's (which is good, but not rock star).

Thank you Tom -- You ROCK! ^ :-:

-Alan

P.S. I am going to submit my report to NW customer service as well. I believe in the lesson taught in the One Minute Manager book -- find someone doing something right!

Last edited by Poopdeck90210; Jul 26, 2005 at 2:31 pm
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Sounds like someone's in love...

Hope you got his number!
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by LucWise
Sounds like someone's in love...

Hope you got his number!
I'll let you ask him out first.

-Alan
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:12 am

Programs: NW Plat, HH Sliver, Mariott Silver
Alan:

I have gotten some great service on the MSP-SEA flights lately. It is good to hear from others who are also getting great service. Even on my recent LAX-DTW flight the FC FA asked me be name what I would like to drink while serving lunch ^
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Talking Praise for NW FA Tom

Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
P.S. I am going to submit my report to NW customer service as well. I believe in the lesson taught in the One Minute Manager book -- find someone doing something right!
Here's my letter to NW about Tom, and the NW response:

Dear Alan Swanson,

RE: Case Number 1319626

We appreciate your kind comments for our flight attendant onboard Flight 1928 on July 14. Our goal is to offer the best customer service in the industry by giving close and careful attention to the needs of each customer. All of us must be dedicated to treating our passengers as very special guests as we ourselves would want to be treated.

I will make sure that a copy of your letter is shared with the employee's manager and that they are recognized for their efforts. We are grateful for your patronage, Mr. Swanson, and look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Marci Stuart
Customer Care
Northwest/KLM Airlines

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

NW/KL Customer Care Form:

Title: Mr
First Name: Alan
Last Name: Swanson
WorldPerks Number: xxxxxxxxx
City: Redmond
State/Province: WA
Zip/Postal Code: 98052
Flight Date: 07/14/2005
Flight Number: NW1928
Origin City: SEA
Destination City: MSP
====================
I flew SEA to MSP on Thursday, July 14th, 2005, and I have to say that the first class flight attendant on my flight, Tom, has to be the most hard working, customer focused flight attendant I have ***EVER*** seen on a NW flight. From the time I boarded until the time I deplaned, Tom was working to make sure that every PAX in first class was taken care of. When I flew home on Sunday, it was hard going back to the usual level of service from the flight attendants (which is good, but not rock star). Thank you Tom -- You ROCK! Alan J. Swanson WP Gold Elite Member WP Member Since 1987

Submitted: 07/22/2005 19:23:05
code:140257,Msharbono,5,unk,7,Y

Last edited by Poopdeck90210; Jul 28, 2005 at 12:11 pm
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
With all of the troubles that we have been discussing on the board as of late, it sure is nice to see that there are some good things going on. A big shout out to Poopdeack for taking the time to show some praise and a big shout out to the flight attendant who was the recipient thereof!!
Old Jul 25, 2005, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
I had a very similar incident on a trip where I also had a complaint I had to file. My idea is if I file a complaint I need to at least TRY to find something positive, and this FA was so good I just had to send him a nice letter. I go this back (which makes me think they REALLY care when PEs write - is this true?)

Dear Gary Webs,

RE: Case Number 1xxxxxx

In your recent email, you alerted us to the exceptional service you received from the flight attendant during your flight from Dallas to Memphis on July 20. On behalf of Northwest Airlines, we sincerely appreciate your kind comments.

Our goal is to offer the best customer service in the industry by giving close and careful attention to the needs of each customer. I was happy to hear that our lead flight attendant was able to make your flight more enjoyable. All of us must be dedicated to treating our passengers as very special guests as we ourselves would want to be treated.

I will make sure that a copy of your letter is shared with the In-Flight manager and that the flight attendant is recognized for their efforts.
We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to serving you again soon.

As our customer, Mr. Dollinger, as well as a Platinum Elite Member, you are in the best position to point out areas that need attention and to let us know when our agents are doing well. We appreciate the opportunity to respond and look forward to welcoming you onboard your next flight. Given this privilege, I am confident we will continue to provide the excellent service you deserve and have every right to expect.

Sincerely,

Carl Tast
Customer Care
Northwest/KLM Airlines

(Of course on the same trip the mechanics decided to ground my bird sending me on a long trip arduous trip around the planet to get home...)
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Talking Thanks

Originally Posted by GTITAN
With all of the troubles that we have been discussing on the board as of late, it sure is nice to see that there are some good things going on. A big shout out to Poopdeack for taking the time to show some praise and a big shout out to the flight attendant who was the recipient thereof!!
Thanks for your kind words. I, of course, agree. We need some positive feedback for the NW employees we interact with -- and to let them know what we have found them doing right! ^

-Alan
Old Jul 26, 2005, 4:00 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, NWA Gold, UA Prem Exec, Starwood Gold
Kudos to Poopdeck, I echo GTITAN's sentiments. Flyertalk is an invaluable resource for all of us but all too often the negative outweighs the positive on this board. Of course, this is natural for discussion boards but I think we Redtail flyers should all make the effort Poopdeck did to let them know when we're treated well, and pleased with the service. Besides those letters are usually much shorter than the complaints.
Again, nice work OP.
Cheers,
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Tom, Part II

I flew SEA-MSP last Thursday, and I have to say that the FC FA on my flight, Tom (remember his name), has to be the most hard working, customer focused FA I have ***EVER*** seen on a NW flight. From the time I boarded until the time I deplaned, Tom was working to make sure that every PAX in FC was taken care of. When I flew home on Sunday, it was hard going back to the usual level of service from the FA's (which is good, but not rock star).

I had the wonderful surprise of being served by Tom in FC going LAS to MSP this past Sunday. To my amazement, Tom even remembered my name and my favorite drink! Wow! I wish I could have Tom as lead FA on every NW flight I was on. He rocks!

-Alan
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:14 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Did you submit your comments via TTU or some other manner? Obviously whatever you did appeared to work...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:08 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
I had the wonderful surprise of being served by Tom in FC going LAS to MSP this past Sunday. To my amazement, Tom even remembered my name and my favorite drink! Wow! I wish I could have Tom as lead FA on every NW flight I was on. He rocks!

-Alan
Wait a second... he remembered your name and drink of choice from TWO years ago? I hope it was something easy like... "Would you like some water?" "Oh he rememberd my drink..."

As opposed to "Would you like vodka with 2/3 coke and 1/3 diet with 1.5 ice cubes, no napkin, two stir sticks?"

Sounds like the same FC FA I had MSP-ATL though. Wine glass was never empty... I'd like that kind of attention on every flight! I think I will write a TTU right now, now just have to find the flight number...

Last edited by canndlewic; Sep 27, 2007 at 2:17 am
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
The FAs serving DTW/MSP-SEA are always excellent and a real treat. ^
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: NW Gold Elite
I had Tom on a DTW-BOS flight in F about a year ago. Right before we landed, he came back and shook my hand and thanked me for flying NW and for my frequent business. I was so shocked I didn't have much to say.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 1:09 pm

-Alan

Good Job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.