Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

earthlink - did anyone get the nwa match?

earthlink - did anyone get the nwa match?

Old Jun 6, 05, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta unvalued customer, HH Gold, CVS Red, US Mint Silver
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Question earthlink - did anyone get the nwa match?

I did the promotion last year where you could do a number of different activities with mobile phone, long distance, and internet access partners, and doing 3 activities would earn you 30,000 points from the partners and a 30,000 point match from northwest.

I chose to do the dial-up internet account from earthlink for my activity, and as the rules allowed did 3 of those. At the end of the 4th invoice, I got my 30,000 miles from earthlink but nada from northwest. I wrote them and they said I might need to wait 6-8 weeks after 3-31. That time has come and gone and still nada.

Anyone else had luck getting the other half of their 60,000 miles from this promotion?

I just wrote them back, replying to the message where they said I'd need to wait the 6-8 weeks after 3-31. We'll see what they say.
Old Jun 7, 05, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta unvalued customer, HH Gold, CVS Red, US Mint Silver
Question nwa responds

so here's what they sent me. nice to see a response in 24 hours.

The computer tape for the Mileage Connection is in process of being
compiled, and should be run within the next 2 weeks.

"computer tape" -- and "should run within the next 2 weeks" ha ha! sad really. I'm a computer guy. I just sort of assume that if the promotion ends at 00:00, the processing of the awards begins at 00:01 or so... not 2 weeks later after they load up a bunch of backup tapes.
Old Jun 7, 05, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta murdered it. RIP WorldPerks
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
The computer tape for the Mileage Connection is in process of being compiled, and should be run within the next 2 weeks.
Hopefully they meant compiling the data on the backup tape, not the tape itself, or it may take considerably longer to get your miles.

Two weeks? It's possible they're sharing computer time and using punch cards & vacuum tubes, "in an effort to reduce costs..."
Old Jun 7, 05, 3:44 pm

Nada Yet

For Mileage Connection I did MCI and EarthLink. Got 10k from Earthlink after 4 mos and getting 1,000 mi/mo from MCI. Had the date marked on calendar to check for bonus miles posting, nothing. Emailed first with dates, accts etc. NWA said I "wasn't registered for the promo." I went to my profile on NWA and shows I did sign up for it. So I faxed copies of enrollment, bills, etc to WorldPerks. NWA replied by fax last week that it would be three more weeks to verify. So in all, the are looking more like 10-12 wks from 3/31. I'll watch them like a hawk for 10,000 miles!!
Old Jun 8, 05, 2:36 pm
BCH

NW continues to be mediocre (at best) in customer service

I called about my bonus not posting.

First, the agent denied that I was registered for the promotion. So I pointed out that my Promotions Status page showed that I was registered for the promotion, as of the date it became available.

Then, the agent said that I didn't sign up for the services in time. I pointed out to him that my miles for those services posted WITHIN the promotion period.

Thirdly, the agent suggested that I submit a written request with copies of supporting documentation in order for me to get the miles. Luckily for him (and for me) I am a lawyer, so I keep copies of everything.

When I asked how long it would take to hear back, he said that if i wanted an update, I should call back myself.

That question having taken forever, I decided not to bother asking about the other missing promotion bonuses.

The most consistent thing about NW is its mediocrity. This year, my partner and I decided to abandon our Gold elite statuses with NW and switch to their competitor.
Old Jun 9, 05, 10:56 pm

Scripted

Sounds like the identical song and dance they gave me, verbatim. I have learned from experience copies of promotion registrations, rebate submissions and receipts are the dagger to customer service excuses. We'll see if they eventually post. If not, I still have 350,000 miles to play with.
Old Jun 11, 05, 6:59 pm

FYI, there's an older thread on this here: Earn up to 60,000 WorldPerks® Miles with Mileage Connection

I signed up for 3 Earthlink accounts: 12/5/04, 12/19/04 and 12/25/04. The first 10k from Earthlink was credited by 03/10/05; the other two on 04/17/05, thus giving me 30k from Earthlink.

NWA's 30k match posted on 04/27/05, under the heading "100% Mileage Connection Bonus"

Sorry to hear that others are facing issues getting the miles.
Old Jun 15, 05, 7:38 pm

Miles posted today

Bonus miles posted for Mileage Connection
15JUN2005 Mileage Connection 50% Bonus 10,000

Took a while but worth the wait.
Old Jun 19, 05, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Angry still nada....

they told me "within the next 2 weeks" on the 6th... well tomorrow is the 14th day since then, and still nada.

what a goofy deal. par for the course with these guys, though, I guess.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: