Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Bus. Visa Offer: 7500 miles w/first yr free

Old May 28, 2005, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Received above offer today by mail. Will qualify for FFF05. Call 1-800-796-4650 ext. 4270 by 7/15/05. No mention that is only availalble to those targeted for the mailing.
Old May 31, 2005, 12:31 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
thanks, just signed up for the offer!
cheers!
Old May 31, 2005, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
thanks, just signed up for the offer!
cheers!
If you're counting on this being your qualifying activity for FFF05, you're one day too early.
Old May 31, 2005, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by dldkjones
Received above offer today by mail. Will qualify for FFF05. Call 1-800-796-4650 ext. 4270 by 7/15/05. No mention that is only availalble to those targeted for the mailing.
The nwa.com/mall has 15,000 miles for signature or business cards & 10,000 for platinum. Note that the annual fee is not waived the first year with these offers.

http://www.nwa.com/mall/offer/financ...onsumer10.html

http://www.nwa.com/mall/offer/financ...usiness10.html
Old Jun 1, 2005, 3:45 am
Original Poster

nolanwgold should be okay if he called b4 6/1, as the T&C say the enrollment bonus is tied to approval and it's unlikely the account would be approved b4 6/1. But you do need to register for FFF b4 you get approved or it won't count as a QA. FFF T&C say enrollment bonus miles must be credited with a date within the promotion period.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:12 am

Because one will not be paying an annual Visa fee during the promotion period under this offer, will this qualify for FFF05? Terms of FFF05 say one must "Apply, be approved and pay the annual fee for a new WorldPerks Visa Card."
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: NW, UA, Starwood
Are there really any "business" limitations for this offer on non-business owners?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAGUY
Because one will not be paying an annual Visa fee during the promotion period under this offer, will this qualify for FFF05? Terms of FFF05 say one must "Apply, be approved and pay the annual fee for a new WorldPerks Visa Card."
bump

good question i think - anyone?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:07 pm
hawkeyenfo

Originally Posted by psychtobe
bump

good question i think - anyone?
give me a few weeks and I'll tell you. I just signed up for this, hopefully I can get the FFF05 bonus as well. If not 7500 miles for a few points off the credit score is a great deal.

Old Jun 4, 2005, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Last year or the year before there was a similar offier for the regular card with fee waived for first year that my wife took as her QA for FFF that year and it worked then even though the fee was waived for the first year.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:58 pm
hawkeyenfo

Last year or the year before there was a similar offier for the regular card with fee waived for first year that my wife took as her QA for FFF that year and it worked then even though the fee was waived for the first year.
Yup. I did the same thing in 2003, and had no problem. I don't know if NW had the "pay the fee" line in FFF that year.

Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkeyenfo
give me a few weeks and I'll tell you. I just signed up for this, hopefully I can get the FFF05 bonus as well. If not 7500 miles for a few points off the credit score is a great deal.
thanks, but unless you earn the 5 partner activities in a hurry, it may come too late for us to decide - can you hurry up and Idine 3 places, rent a car, and stay in a hotel this weekend
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:46 am

Thanks for the response dldkjones and hawkeyenfo. Next call is to Visa for NW businiss cards for my wife and I.

Last edited by DCAGUY; Jun 5, 2005 at 4:53 am
Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:12 am
hawkeyenfo

Originally Posted by psychtobe
thanks, but unless you earn the 5 partner activities in a hurry, it may come too late for us to decide - can you hurry up and Idine 3 places, rent a car, and stay in a hotel this weekend

NO

psychnever2B, ye suckerzzzzz...

no work related travel until July for me

Last edited by hawkeyenfo; Jun 5, 2005 at 11:15 am

Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Yes, in the year my wife took the first year fee free card offer for the regualr card, the terms of FFF then were as now (i.e., pay the fee to goet FFF QA credit). One or more FT threads discussed this then, and could probably be found via a search, that indicated that this worked, and it was borne out by her experience. Also, a spearate flier enclosed with the mailing of this offer represents that getting the card will be a QA for FFF05 (despite the fact that there is no fee for the first year).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.