Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Fly Free Faster 2005 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Fly Free Faster 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
2 for 1?

In looking at the T/C, if I:
  1. Use my WP Visa for a transaction
  2. Use the WP Visa for 3 iDines
  3. Use WP Visa for a Hotel Stay

I've covered the qualifying partner activities, right?
Old May 15, 2005, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mlsrar
In looking at the T/C, if I:
  1. Use my WP Visa for a transaction
  2. Use the WP Visa for 3 iDines
  3. Use WP Visa for a Hotel Stay
I've covered the qualifying partner activities, right?
No.

It does not matter what credit card you use for a hotel stay. What does matter is that the hotel is a WP partner and that you choose to earn miles rather than points in those programs (SPG, Marriott Rewards, Prioirty Club, Gold Passport) where you have to choose one or the other.

Also, WP Visa use is not required for iDine.
Old May 15, 2005, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
No.

It does not matter what credit card you use for a hotel stay. What does matter is that the hotel is a WP partner and that you choose to earn miles rather than points in those programs (SPG, Marriott Rewards, Prioirty Club, Gold Passport) where you have to choose one or the other.

Also, WP Visa use is not required for iDine.
But I've already registered my upcoming stays (Holiday-Inns) with my WP#.

Plus, I'd rather use my WP Visa and get 11 miles-per-$
Old May 15, 2005, 10:28 am

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
I have booked four trips between June 1 and September 30; however, none of them is paid trip on NW. Although I have three partner car rental during this period, I would have to think carefully about how to get this year's fff5 10000 bonus miles. If I could grab two domestic NW trip with less than $300 for approximately 11000 EQM (I have several $25 off $75 coupons), I might think about hitting platinum this year. BTW, does anybody know that if I apply for a WP Visa signature card, will I 15000 bonus miles?----I applied WP visa platinum card two years ago and have cancelled it for more than one year; currently I have a none annual fee one with different card number than the platinum one I had before. Also, did they mention WP card use(even the none annual fee one) count as a partner activity?
Old May 15, 2005, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by UA vs NW
Also, did they mention WP card use(even the none annual fee one) count as a partner activity?
Why not read the rules and find out?
Old May 15, 2005, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by UA vs NW
Also, did they mention WP card use(even the none annual fee one) count as a partner activity?
Here some help for that:
From the Fly Free Faster 2005 - Terms and Conditions
WORLDPERKS VISA
Maximum 1 Partner Credit for a purchase made on each of the WorldPerks Visa Card product types (Personal Cards, Business Card and Check Cards).
Old May 15, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
New to FFF - have not participated in the past. I appreciate this link and it's helpful information. After reading http://www.nwa.com/features/fff2005tc/ is my understanding correct:

Apply, and pay annual fee on new WP Visa = qual. credit (and 10-15k bonus miles)

car rental - 1 credit
hotel stay - 1 credit
any WP Visa purchase - 1 credit
one iDine, any amount - 1 credit
convert HHonors points to WP miles - 1 credit

10,000 bonus miles?

is that really it?
Old May 15, 2005, 11:37 am

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Thanks, I got the information---purhcase on none annual fee WP visa will not count as a partner activity. I will call US bank to inquire about the 15000 Signature card question.
Old May 15, 2005, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I wonder if I can upgrade my Plat to a Signature card, if that would also give me the one needed to qualify?
Old May 15, 2005, 11:54 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I always keep a stash of Goldpoints around for this purpose, you earn 500pts every 3 months, so in effect that partner is free.

1. Goldpoints
2. Diners Club transfer
3. idine
4. idine
5 idine

The qualifying will be trickier; no cheapie NW flights out of AUS usually.
Old May 15, 2005, 7:14 pm

fff 2005 qualifying activity's

what are the qualifying activity's for fff2005? do i HAVE to take 2 flights? to qualify? can I get a new cell phone? thanks alot, i read the website but was unsure as to what constituted a qualifying activity.

thanks
Old May 15, 2005, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
From http://www.nwa.com/features/fff2005tc/

Qualifying Activities include: FLIGHT(S), WORLDPERKS® VISA® or WORLDCLUBS®.
Take two domestic R/Ts, or one Int'l R/T. OR, get a WPs Visa and pay the annual fee. OR, purchase a new WC membership (not a renewal).

You cannot get a new cell phone for the qualifying activity. It would instead qualify for the partner activity of which you need five in addition to the qualifying activity.
Old May 16, 2005, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Geez...it just seems like it is getting harder and harder to get the FFF bonus miles. Reading the fine print of the T&Cs...oh my goodness

But the hardest thing for us (non-business travelers) is getting TWO domestic RT flight?!?! GEEZ... Hopefully, I can find some cheap MRs!
Old May 16, 2005, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by lasnowgirl
Geez...it just seems like it is getting harder and harder to get the FFF bonus miles. Reading the fine print of the T&Cs...oh my goodness

But the hardest thing for us (non-business travelers) is getting TWO domestic RT flight?!?! GEEZ... Hopefully, I can find some cheap MRs!
Got an e-mail back saying that flight to/from Hawai'i only count as "one" R/T flight. No cheap MRs here...

Qualifying domestic flights include any two (2) paid roundtrip fares or four (4) paid one-way fares in North America, in which you earn WorldPerks miles and complete after registration and during the Promotional Period. Qualifying international flights include any one (1) paid roundtrip fare or two (2) paid one-way fares departing from North America to destinations outside of North America, in which you earn WorldPerks miles and complete after registration and during the Promotional Period.
Old May 16, 2005, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by lasnowgirl

depending on your status level, may be more cost effective to get the WorldClub membership.

I live in a city w/o one and do mostly single-day MRs, plus i don't mind mingling with the normal people

deals are out there, especally after Aug 15 when most colleges/school are back in session, so if you don't mind being patient, deals should come, even out of LAX.

Just a few days ago I found a LAX-IND fare for about $143/in, routing just off NWA.com w/o playin with it came up with LAX-DTW-IND-MEM-MSP-LAX, redeye outbound, same day MR. (inc. a 1000 IND mileage bonus)

So... the deals will come and will go... i'm just going to be patient really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.