FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Is there really a "coupon connection" forum? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/423536-there-really-coupon-connection-forum.html)

yogimax Apr 19, 2005 1:42 pm

Is there really a "coupon connection" forum?

In the past, I was told that there was a "coupon connection" forum on FlyerTalk. The only problem was that I needed to have 100 posts to access it. O.K., I now have 100 posts. I still can't find it. Is it really there, or is this one big inside joke? Help!

slippahs Apr 19, 2005 1:51 pm

This is def. not a thread well suited for the Northwest board, but, here's a post from Randy Petersen, the owner on Flyertalk commenting on why you can't see the Coupon Connection:

What we value most on FlyerTalk is dialog about the topic of miles and points. It's in our history and in our souls. The Coupon Connection grows out of the familiarity of Community, which is actually a good thing. However lately we've found that new members have become members of FlyerTalk to take advantage of the generosity of The Coupon Connection. I have strong feelings that is not the best direction for FlyerTalk. As a result, we've instituted a feature of FlyerTalk that will limit access to The Coupon Connection to those members we feel have contributed enough to FlyerTalk to enjoy the benefits of posting on this forum. The idea that by posting in the miles, points and travel forums, members will better familiarize themselves with the other members they may exchange with later and have developed a sense of respect for the Community we call FlyerTalk. We feel that it's better to give first into the Community of FlyerTalk by way of content, advice and information than it is to be lined up at the goodie wagon. I feel that becoming part of the Community of FlyerTalk will go a long way toward enjoying the other benefits of this wonderful group of people.

The Coupon Connection should be viewed as a 'small secret' for those who have contributed over time to the content that helps our many members.

Cheers,
Randy

DJMeatBall Apr 19, 2005 1:53 pm

I believe the new "rule" for being able to access Coupon Connection is that you have to be a member of FlyerTalk for 30 days.

Go to the popup menu which lists the Forums and look directly above the "Airline Programs" entry. "The Coupn Connection" will be before "Airline Programs" and after "S.P.A.M'.

travelnutz Apr 19, 2005 1:58 pm

The 100 post requirement is for posting a thread to S.P.A.M.

NWAsilvELITE Apr 19, 2005 3:07 pm

I didn't know that there was a Coupon Connection either. I don't see it listed in my menu.

Can I ask a dumb question? What is actually in the CC? :confused:

DJMeatBall Apr 19, 2005 3:25 pm

FlyerTalkers offering coupons, vouchers or chits that they can't use. These are meant to be given away freely or traded in exchange for something similiar (i.e. you'd like a zone cert for NWA and you have a $$/% discount coupon for United).

It's absolutely not meant for bartering (John Page style) or money-making.

yogimax Apr 19, 2005 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
I believe the new "rule" for being able to access Coupon Connection is that you have to be a member of FlyerTalk for 30 days.

Go to the popup menu which lists the Forums and look directly above the "Airline Programs" entry. "The Coupn Connection" will be before "Airline Programs" and after "S.P.A.M'.

Nope, not there. Could one of the moderators help out here?

CaveatEmpty Apr 19, 2005 10:02 pm

Be assured.. it does exist: actually got to peek around before actually signing up [back on :confused: Mar-08 ] -- figgure eventually somebody will get around to sweeping the database.

FYI: T&C at S.P.A.M now sez 180 posts to make status.

Back to NW business -- anybody else cussing at the NWA site tonite? Seems I can search and play, or log-in... but not both. :mad: Aarrrgggghhhhh.
/.

slippahs Apr 19, 2005 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by yogimax
Nope, not there. Could one of the moderators help out here?

Again, read my post above. There is no minimum required number of posts or days as a member on Flyertalk. You will have to have fulfilled all points that Randy mentions in the post above.

MileageAddict Apr 20, 2005 11:04 am

If you are simply lurking arounf the FT boards and have not logged in, you will not see Coupon Connection in your menu. You must log in for it to magically appear.