FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Which international routes would you like NW to launch? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/421274-international-routes-would-you-like-nw-launch.html)

cslusarc Apr 14, 2005 6:02 pm

Potential routes for NW to transatlantic destinations Western and Central Eurasia

[As I am based in YWG, I would really like KL in partnership with NM to lauch a YWG-AMS nonstop, but I know that this flight would not be financially profitable.]

The United Kingdom and Eire
I think that nonstops from DTW, MSP and other large mainland NW stations (like LAX, SFO, SEA and JFK) to regional cities outside of Greater London would take advantage of the fact that the UK and Eire are closer the US than AMS. If NW could winglet all some of its 756s, it could deploy them internationally on missions such as DTW-GLA and DTW-SNN-DUB. When more A332s arrive routes like LAX-MAN or SEA-GLA may become more feasable.

Mainland Europe
With AF and NW already annoucing flights from MSP and DTW to CDG, NW could be poised to launch MSP/DTW other SkyTeam hubs.

The Near East, North Africa and the Middle East
I think that traffic to the Near East and Middle east will continue to grow over the next 10 years however security issue will hold back any NW and all US airlines from growing flights to this area of the world.

The Indian Subcontinent
I would think nonstop routes to India might be the thing in the 10 years. I think that if NW acquires the 772LR, A345 or 747Advanced NW may be able to omit the AMS stop and launch DTW-BOM nonstop.

NWA_5479 Apr 14, 2005 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by cslusarc
Mainland Europe
With AF and NW already annoucing flights from MSP and DTW to CDG, NW could be poised to launch MSP/DTW other SkyTeam hubs.

The Near East, North Africa and the Middle East
I think that traffic to the Near East and Middle east will continue to grow over the next 10 years however security issue will hold back any NW and all US airlines from growing flights to this area of the world.

When did they announce a MSP-CDG, AF or NW?? :confused:

I agree completely with the Near East, North Africa, and the Middle East! How about DXB, anyone?

Mr. DeMucho Apr 15, 2005 7:02 pm

DTW-PTY to connect to Copa flights
DTW-MEX to connect to Aeromexico flights
DTW-GRU

JBLUA320 Apr 17, 2005 7:51 am

yevlesh, agreed on DTW-MOW. BTV-DTW-MOW (DTW-MOW being on a shiney A332) would be great.
However, with AF in SkyTeam, there must be a convenient connection through CDG, a total of 7 daily flights in the summer CDG-SVO.

chalf Apr 17, 2005 10:18 am

Originally Posted by JBLUA320
yevlesh, agreed on DTW-MOW. BTV-DTW-MOW (DTW-MOW being on a shiney A332) would be great.
However, with AF in SkyTeam, there must be a convenient connection through CDG, a total of 7 daily flights in the summer CDG-SVO.

SkyTeam capacity to MOW is not an issue. DL does ATL-SVO and JFK-SVO, CO is trying for EWR-DME, AF does CDG-SVO, AZ MXP-SVO and FCO-SVO, KL AMS-SVO, and OK PRG-SVO. Once SU joins, the options will increase further (LAX, SEA, JFK plus all the usual European hubs). It probably makes more sense for NW to route passengers via AMS, CDG, ATL or even JFK than to run its own metal.