New Seasonal/Weekend Service: MSP-PLN

Old Apr 10, 05, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
New Seasonal/Weekend Service: MSP-PLN

NW will fly once-a-week summer seasonal service on MSP-PLN (Pellston, MI) with a Saab operated by Mesaba.

Beginning June 11th: (Sat only)
NW 3170 MSP-PLN Depart: 6:52pm Arrive: 9:40pm Saab 340

Beginning June 12th (Sun. only)
NW 3171 PLN-MSP Depart: 9:35am Arrive: 10:23am Saab 340

Upgraded PLN for the summer includes 2 daily Avro's.

June 9th-June 30th:
DTW-PLN 5 daily (2x ARJ, 1 CRJ, 2x SF3)
MSP-PLN 1 weekly (SF3)

July 1st - Aug 23rd:
DTW-PLN 6 daily (2x ARJ, 2x CRJ, 2x SF3)
MSP-PLN 1 weekly (SF3)
Old Apr 16, 05, 8:59 am

MSP-PLN It's about time

I've been waiting for NW to increase its options for us here. We've been stuck with only NW serving Pellston and only connecting in DTW. Seems a lot more options will open up, especially flying west. Pellston just built a new terminal in a lodge theme and we travel through there every 2 months. If you haven't been FT'ers, you need to put this area on your "to see" list. Jet service is increasing and the RJ's are like Cadillacs. Glad to see NW paying attention to its customers while being the lone provider here.
Old Apr 16, 05, 11:09 am

Programs: DL mm, HHonors diamond
PLN is also unusual in that the rental agents work 1 shift and return "after supper" to handle evening arrivals. When you call Avis to make a rewervation for an evening arrival in PLN the agent advises that they have to call the PLN manager and see if they can schedule an employee to return to the airport to give you the keys for the rental before they confirm the reservation.

RC
Old Apr 16, 05, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
Pellston just built a new terminal in a lodge theme and we travel through there every 2 months. If you haven't been FT'ers, you need to put this area on your "to see" list. Jet service is increasing and the RJ's are like Cadillacs. Glad to see NW paying attention to its customers while being the lone provider here.
The new terminal is really nice- a big improvement over the old one, which always felt very dark. Although I was shocked the first time I flew in & deplaned though a jetway. Thought we'd gone to a different city by accident, I didn't realize the new terminal was going to be that big!
Old Apr 16, 05, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL mm, HHonors diamond
There is a great Restaurant at the new PLN airport

Another big improvement in PLN is the restaurant at the airport.

RC

Search this Thread