Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I standby using award tix?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Can I standby using award tix?

I redeemed a NW award tix using DL. Can I standby earlier DL fights? Is it up to NW or DL gate agents? Pls advise. Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you're speaking of Delta-operated flights, Delta's gate agents will decide. If a segment is international expect a refusal.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:58 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
If you are on DL operated flights, which it sounds like you are, than the rules of the operating airline are what applies to the flight. DL does not offer free same day standby. They have some kind of confirmed standby where you can be confirmed on another flight that day that departs w/in 3 hours of the original flight and there is a a fee to do so. I think it is $25 or $50. You can find more information on the Delta website or by reading the DL forum.

I can not answer your original question though as to whether you can use the program with award tickets.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by wldtrvlr
They have some kind of confirmed standby where you can be confirmed on another flight that day that departs w/in 3 hours of the original flight and there is a a fee to do so. I think it is $25 or $50. You can find more information on the Delta website or by reading the DL forum.
Just to clarify so NW forum readers don't get confused ...

That program is called Same Day Confirm and, on almost any kind of ticket (award, discount, etc.), you can get a *confirmed* booking on a different flight the same day for $25, all fare differences waived. The basic rules:
1. Origin and destination airports must remain the same
2. Change in (or addition/deletion of) stopover point is OK
3. Transaction can only be performed three hours OR LESS prior to the flight you wish to take
4. Delta Gold and Plat Medallions are exempt from this fee.

Please read my response to the OP's similar post in the DL forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.