Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Availability of award ticket from Asia to US non-Hub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW - Platinum, JL - Sapphire, SPG - Platinum, UA

I'm planning to go to Cincinnati from Manila using the mileage - Standard award.

As far as I tried in nwa.com (in 3 country sites - US site, JPN site, Phils site), I cannot get a seat for the whole trip, while I can get a seat, if I divide the routing into either MNL to Japan and Japan to CVG or MNL to DTW/MSP and DTW/MSP to CVG.

For me, it does not really make sense.... As if they want to use more mileage...

Can any of you educate me why?

Thanks for your valuable inputs in advance
Old Feb 23, 2005, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by goxumuskie
I'm planning to go to Cincinnati from Manila using the mileage - Standard award.

As far as I tried in nwa.com (in 3 country sites - US site, JPN site, Phils site), I cannot get a seat for the whole trip, while I can get a seat, if I divide the routing into either MNL to Japan and Japan to CVG or MNL to DTW/MSP and DTW/MSP to CVG.

For me, it does not really make sense.... As if they want to use more mileage...

Can any of you educate me why?

Thanks for your valuable inputs in advance
Try going into IND and driving to CVG. It's about a 115 mile/2 hour, nice drive with out much traffic.

Not a perfect solution, but it might work.

(DTW to CVG is about a 260 miles drive and you will hit a lot of traffic.)
Old Feb 23, 2005, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRVLRZ
Try going into IND and driving to CVG. It's about a 115 mile/2 hour, nice drive with out much traffic.

Not a perfect solution, but it might work.

(DTW to CVG is about a 260 miles drive and you will hit a lot of traffic.)
Dear TRVLRZ,

Thanks for your suggestion :-: . I'll try that option and search the available seat. I will also try Dayton

Dear others,

If you have any information about the nwa.com award logics, which I mentioned in the original post, I would really appreciate it.

Gox
Old Feb 23, 2005, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Call and get them to book you NWA to a hub, connecting to DL to CVG.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
Call and get them to book you NWA to a hub, connecting to DL to CVG.
Dear channa,

Thanks for your suggestion. I noticed I have NEVER taken DL metal in the past (though I have been to CVG for many times [for an Asian]).

Fortunately, I got the confirmed seat all the way to CVG . I will think about your suggestion in next occasion. ^

Gox

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.