Wiki Posts
Search

International connection times

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
International connection times

I'm full of questions today. Can you tell I'm planning a trip?

NW says they won't ticket the following return:

LGW-MSP
12:05p – 3:00p
MSP-MEM
4:33p – 6:40p
MEM-FSM
7:25p – 8:40p

The reason is the MEM connection is < 60 minutes, which they say is required for an international flight. But by the time I'm in MEM, I've already gone through customs in MSP. MEM is just a normal domestic connection, and 45 minutes is always plenty of time. Any way around this?

And by the way, it's the only possible LGW-FSM routing on NW metal. FSM-LGW has plenty of availability.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
I'm full of questions today. Can you tell I'm planning a trip?

NW says they won't ticket the following return:

LGW-MSP
12:05p – 3:00p
MSP-MEM
4:33p – 6:40p
MEM-FSM
7:25p – 8:40p

The reason is the MEM connection is < 60 minutes, which they say is required for an international flight. But by the time I'm in MEM, I've already gone through customs in MSP. MEM is just a normal domestic connection, and 45 minutes is always plenty of time. Any way around this?

And by the way, it's the only possible LGW-FSM routing on NW metal. FSM-LGW has plenty of availability.
The connection tables seem to preclude it, as you have learned. How about DL to ATL, them NW to MEM and on to FSM?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The connection tables seem to preclude it, as you have learned. How about DL to ATL, them NW to MEM and on to FSM?

Routing has to be on NW/KLM. Haven't jumped into the KLM waters yet, but I will if I have to. Just wondering why a 45-minute connection won't work in the city AFTER customs, and if there's any work-around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.