Check your fares

Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Check your fares

To everyone looking to save a little cash, I would suggest you check the current fares for anything you already have booked (especially if you don't have a Sat. night stay).

Last week, I looked at fares for a MSP-SCE (that's State College, Pa.) trip. It was more than $600. Today, it was $289.

After seeing that, I checked the fare on a MSP-LAN I booked last week for nearly $600. That today was $313. I called NW, paid a $25 administrative fee and got an electronic voucher for almost $250.

Might be worth checking out. Appears there's quite a ripple from this Delta stuff.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:06 pm
Original Member

I quite agree.

Also last week, I was looking at p rices VPS-MKE and NW was pricing out at over $600, while Delta was in the low-$200s, *with one itin on a NW codeshare for the exact schedule that NW wanted over $600 for.*

On Friday, NW dropped the fare to the same as Delta's. I was glad I waited a few days to book it.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Will it continue?

Anyone have any industry insight into whether this trend is going to continue?

I'm looking to book a SEA-MIA trip the last weekend in March (which just so happens to be spring break as well), and am running into $400+ fares for super-discount-economy for Continental, Northwest, etc. (anyone who can give me EQM!).

I last checked on Saturday afternoon, prior to right now, and am seeing American Airlines at $285 RT!

I can't believe it-- I had pretty much resigned myself to believing that $430.86 would be as good as it gets, and almost booked the ticket on Saturday.

I'm now pretty sure I'm going to wait and see-- I don't suppose it will get any worse than the $430 (hopefully), and may get better with an NWA partner (fingers crossed!).

I used to know a few folks that did industry analysis, but they were almost as good as a palm reader in telling what to expect for fares the next day.

This is definitely a hesitant leisure trip that I'll only take if the price is really right, otherwise I'm not nearly as stingy for a good schedule transcon-- in case anyone berates me for the sub-Q fares

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited by doubleA; Jan 10, 2005 at 9:45 pm
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
This afternoon, I booked a multi-city RT. I looked it up online 390 something. Got called to phone and was away too long. Had to relook up everything and it priced out at 312.00. This was for the 24th of Jan. DAY-CLE then CLE-DTW then DTW-DAY.

80.00 savings because of a one hour phone call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.