Wiki Posts
Search

Free silver elite status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Free silver elite status

I just checked my worldperks account and found that I have been given silver elite status for 2005 although I have not flown on a paid ticket in year 2004, only three award trips to Bangkok. Anyone else had this happen? Also, how many miles do I have to fly to get back to gold?
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Maybe NW simply reduces you no more than one elite level annually if not requalifying.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
Also, how many miles do I have to fly to get back to gold?

Gold is double the amount of EQMs for silver, so for you that would be 2x0=0! ^
Old Jan 6, 2005, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
I just checked my worldperks account and found that I have been given silver elite status for 2005 although I have not flown on a paid ticket in year 2004, only three award trips to Bangkok. Anyone else had this happen? Also, how many miles do I have to fly to get back to gold?
To get back up to Gold, you'd have to fly 50,000 miles by Dec. 31st 2005.

NW seems to have recently dropped everyone only one status had they not requalified under the normal mileage thresholds.

aloha
Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by slippahs
To get back up to Gold, you'd have to fly 50,000 miles by Dec. 31st 2005.

NW seems to have recently dropped everyone only one status had they not requalified under the normal mileage thresholds.

aloha
I seem to recall a lot of people being moved to "Base" member from Gold. Unless their statuses have upgraded in the last few days.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I seem to recall a lot of people being moved to "Base" member from Gold. Unless their statuses have upgraded in the last few days.
In fact they have. Seems like NW was generous enough to keep a bunch of GEs as SEs who didn't requalify. Check out the last few posts on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384827

aloha
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:17 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
thank you NWA!!!

Account Status:
01Mar2004-28Feb2005 Gold Elite
01Mar2005-28Feb2006 Silver Elite

this with just a bit more than 12,000 credited flight miles during calendar 2004. I was hoping for this result but did not expect it at all.

thank you NWA!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.