GOLD upgrades for 2004

Old Jan 2, 05, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
GOLD upgrades for 2004

As Gold, last year I only missed on upgrade from MSP-SFO and then MEM-MSY on a free ticket. Of my CO flying I had upgrades on 8 of 11 flights and on NW 38 of 40 flights (95%) and 4 of 5 free tickets on NW (which come out of A class). Of course I'm 0/4 for DL upgrades...

Not bad huh?

PS My flying is mainly between MSY-DTW-BWI
Old Jan 3, 05, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (but still missing SPG)
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
As Gold, last year I only missed on upgrade from MSP-SFO and then MEM-MSY on a free ticket. Of my CO flying I had upgrades on 8 of 11 flights and on NW 38 of 40 flights (95%) and 4 of 5 free tickets on NW (which come out of A class). Of course I'm 0/4 for DL upgrades...

Not bad huh?

PS My flying is mainly between MSY-DTW-BWI
Including an itinerary MSN-DTW-PIT Thursday and Friday this week, I'm already 9 for 9 for 2005.
Old Jan 3, 05, 2:06 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hyatt Gold, HH Silver
So far 4 for 4 in 2005 as a newly minted GE (MCO-MEM-DTW-BOS, BOS-DTW-no FC DTW-CWA on CRJs), surpassed 50K on Christmas Eve, just in the nick of time. So far much better UG % as GE than my previous 2 years as SE (about 75%).

Sidenote RichMSN, I would love to hear about your experiences upgrading MSP-MSN or DTW-MSN as I've sometimes had trouble as SE in the past, but only fly to MSN 2x or 3x a year. I've overheard/read that MSN has a large amount of elites given the city's population size.
Old Jan 3, 05, 2:56 pm

2004 upgrade percentage as Silver: 95.12
2004 upgrade percentage as Gold: 66.67

Admittedly not a fair comparison, as I was 39/41 on upgradeable flights (excludes DL flights, CRJ flights, and paid F fares) as a Silver, but my 'sample size' as Gold was only four flights--what ticked me off a bit is that two of my four flights as Gold were on F fares, but I only sat up front on one of the two! I've counted the one I sat in back on as a non-upgrade (I saw two Plats and one Gold get last-minute upgrades at the gate ahead of me--if I hadn't been travelling on an "F" fare basis, I would have understood, but I thought the fare class should beat elite status).

Search this Thread