FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Use of World Club Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/383314-use-world-club-lounge.html)

lavedder Dec 24, 2004 11:11 am

Use of World Club Lounge

My son's flight was delayed so NWA routed him to another flight and upgraded him to first class. Is he able to use the world club lounge holding a first class ticket even though he is not a world club member?

RoadWarriorWidow Dec 24, 2004 11:56 am

Originally Posted by lavedder
My son's flight was delayed so NWA routed him to another flight and upgraded him to first class. Is he able to use the world club lounge holding a first class ticket even though he is not a world club member?

Not on a domestic itinerary, but a day pass could be purchased for $45 (or something like that).

RWW

slippahs Dec 24, 2004 2:20 pm

He also needs to be over 21. Most places don't check, unless you look under 21, that is.

aloha

SDF_Traveler Dec 24, 2004 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
He also needs to be over 21. Most places don't check, unless you look under 21, that is.

aloha

I was ID'd a bit over a week ago at the DCA WC when I asked for some Baily's; took me by surprise! Was also asked if I was "of-age" on a recent flight and nodded yes... no ID check though. (Is flying NWA making me younger? :D )

SDF_Traveler

Yaatri Dec 24, 2004 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
I was ID'd a bit over a week ago at the DCA WC when I asked for some Baily's; took me by surprise! Was also asked if I was "of-age" on a recent flight and nodded yes... no ID check though. (Is flying NWA making me younger? :D )

SDF_Traveler

Are you sure it's not your juvenile ways? :D

StSebastian Dec 25, 2004 9:45 pm

I was asked twice on my last few flights...I did notice that there were a lot of non-FFs in F, either on award tickets from someone, or op-ups. Guess that's part of Xmas travel. When I checked in for one flight, there were 4 seats that had EUA, but they filled all 16 before we left, and still needed a volunteer.

ATP Pilot Dec 25, 2004 11:07 pm

The last and only time I was asked "Are you 21?" by a FA was 5 years ago when I was 16 years old flying in F on a LGA-MEM A320. Of course I was served.

buck hunter Dec 26, 2004 11:28 am

WC in PHX

Speaking of WC access ---- NWA does not have a WC in Arizona!! When I called to check on WC access in PHX was told to use the Delta Crown room near gate 19 --- which is very close to the gates used by NWA!! Delta door has NWA/KLM etc. posted ---- BUT after entry and producing a WC card from NWA was told, "ONLY if you are flying DELTA today" !!! The person at the desk was quite curt and said, "we turn down as many as 100 NWA people daily in here !!"... She stated, "people have to read THE FINE PRINT".... I am questioning renewal of my WC access since we are in and out of AZ often!!!!

FTraveler Dec 26, 2004 11:39 am

Originally Posted by buck hunter
Speaking of WC access ---- NWA does not have a WC in Arizona!! When I called to check on WC access in PHX was told to use the Delta Crown room near gate 19 --- which is very close to the gates used by NWA!! Delta door has NWA/KLM etc. posted ---- BUT after entry and producing a WC card from NWA was told, "ONLY if you are flying DELTA today" !!! The person at the desk was quite curt and said, "we turn down as many as 100 NWA people daily in here !!"... She stated, "people have to read THE FINE PRINT".... I am questioning renewal of my WC access since we are in and out of AZ often!!!!

Unfortunately, the lounge access agreement between DL and NW requires that WC members be traveling on DL in order to access the CRC and vice versa.