Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Intl. upgrades on nwa.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2004, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Finding Intl. upgrades on nwa.com

From some recent posts, I gather it is possible to find upgradable international fares (e.g., Bos-Ams on Feb. 8 return Feb. 13) but I can't seem to figure out how to work it. I go to Awards Reservations and it only shows me how to get a full ticket for miles which I don't want. I want to know what the cheapest upgradable fare is availalbe. I can get the info from the Elite line but it would be good to be able to do my homework first. Any help appreciated.

On another matter, I had my first experience with Platinum companion upgrade and it was was great; got BOS-SEA automatically upgraded on the first day available.

Joe 747
Old Dec 24, 2004, 8:36 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Joe747
From some recent posts, I gather it is possible to find upgradable international fares (e.g., Bos-Ams on Feb. 8 return Feb. 13) but I can't seem to figure out how to work it. I go to Awards Reservations and it only shows me how to get a full ticket for miles which I don't want. I want to know what the cheapest upgradable fare is availalbe. I can get the info from the Elite line but it would be good to be able to do my homework first. Any help appreciated.

On another matter, I had my first experience with Platinum companion upgrade and it was was great; got BOS-SEA automatically upgraded on the first day available.

Joe 747
If you go to more search options there is now a drop down box that you can select upgradeable (lowest fare and full fare). Put in the cities and dates and you will see options that list the number of miles required to buy a tickets and upgrade with miles. You need to be in the area where you are buying a ticket not award tickets.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
You need to remember that you will need to purchase a B- or a Y- fare to be able to use miles for upgrades. Those fares run between $1200 and $3000 on a good day.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for help

Thanks to you both. That was just what I needed and I was able to make it work. Oddly, the upgradeable fares BOS-AMS-BOS were around 790 but the AMS-BOS-AMS were in the 2200 range. For some reason it is more expensive to start in Europe. I was thinking about getting two and droping the returns but it was too expensive money and miles wise. Maybe I can make it work next time as it is a great tool

Thanks again

Joe
Old Dec 24, 2004, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Joe747

Joe 747
Joe - Are you flying BOS-AMS on 2/8? So am I (on my way to TLV) - let me know, we could meet up for a drink before the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.