Any codeshares on Continental metal?

Old Dec 21, 04, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Any codeshares on Continental metal?

I might be flying Los Angeles to GUM and prefer to connect via Honolulu. and also prefer to fly on Northwest flight#s but on Continental metal (because of the positive reports about CO's Business-First product). I was able to find a Northwest flight# HNL-GUM, but NW phone reservations says no codeshares on CO metal for LAX-HNL, only on Delta metal. Any Flyertalkers know of a NW codeshare LAX-HNL on CO metal? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 21, 04, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
The agents are correct. If you look at the tiometable on the website, you see only DL and NW metal. Why do you need a NW flight #?
Old Dec 21, 04, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
The agents are correct. If you look at the tiometable on the website, you see only DL and NW metal. Why do you need a NW flight #?

Thanks for the reply Alpha Golf. I tried downloading the timetable but my computer wouldn't do it. I need a NW flight# because I plan to buy a NW ticket in Asia which I presume requires me to book a NW flight# for all transpacific legs.

Side question, is full-fare business-class booked in the same letter code for both Northwest and Continental?
Old Dec 21, 04, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I don't quite understand the Asia angle of LAX-GUM, but I don't see why you can't have CO and NW on a single ticket.

I've done so many times -- just last weekend I had CO and UA on a CO ticket, and they aren't even partners.

I'll leave the fare code question to someone else. I'm a bottom-of-the-barrel fares guy.
Old Dec 21, 04, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by crankyusi
I need a NW flight# because I plan to buy a NW ticket in Asia which I presume requires me to book a NW flight# for all transpacific legs.
I don't seem to understand this part. If you could let us in on the big picture, maybe we could give better ideas.
Old Dec 21, 04, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks channa and Alpha Golf for the interest. I was planning on buying a roundtrip business-class ticket ex-Asia (BKK, etc, wherever its cheap). If I walk into a Northwest ticket office in BKK to buy a ticket, they'll probably try to schedule me on NW metal NRT-SFO-NRT for the transpac flights. I would rather fly the SFO-NRT on CO metal since (1) business-first on CO seeems to be a much nicer product that NW WBC per some FT threads I read and (2) I'd like to build in an overnite stay at GUM to see some relatives, thus the LAX-HNL-GUM routing.
Old Dec 21, 04, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Side question, is full-fare business-class booked in the same letter code for both Northwest and Continental?
Well that depends. Northwest's First class buckets (including tickets to Hawai'i) is P and F. International World Business Class buckets are J, C and Z.

Continental's international BusinessFirst buckets are J, D and Z.

So, full fare on both airlines when flying internationally is class J.
Old Dec 21, 04, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
Well that depends. Northwest's First class buckets (including tickets to Hawai'i) is P and F. International World Business Class buckets are J, C and Z.

Continental's international BusinessFirst buckets are J, D and Z.

So, full fare on both airlines when flying internationally is class J.

Thanks slippahs. I'll look out for the "J".
Old Dec 21, 04, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Thanks channa and Alpha Golf for the interest. I was planning on buying a roundtrip business-class ticket ex-Asia (BKK, etc, wherever its cheap). If I walk into a Northwest ticket office in BKK to buy a ticket, they'll probably try to schedule me on NW metal NRT-SFO-NRT for the transpac flights. I would rather fly the SFO-NRT on CO metal since (1) business-first on CO seeems to be a much nicer product that NW WBC per some FT threads I read and (2) I'd like to build in an overnite stay at GUM to see some relatives, thus the LAX-HNL-GUM routing.

Why not call one of the CO Asia res offices and see what they can work up for you?

http://www.continental.com/contact/r...tions/asia.asp

CO does not have its own metal between HNL and SFO. The only way would be to LAX, and you pay your own way up, or through IAH which is significantly out of the way.
Old Dec 21, 04, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
Why not call one of the CO Asia res offices and see what they can work up for you?

http://www.continental.com/contact/r...tions/asia.asp

CO does not have its own metal between HNL and SFO. The only way would be to LAX, and you pay your own way up, or through IAH which is significantly out of the way.

Thank you for the link channa.

Search this Thread