Search

Gold Elite Number

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 3:46 pm

Programs: NW Plat
Originally Posted by MJLogan

<snip snip>

and...

"Another option for those who need the gold elite telephone number quickly is to use the "talk to us" email option on nwa.com. They'll email the number to you in a few hours, if even that long"

As I said, it's sensible advice, and I should have thought of it myself before asking here. Well I tried both of those things today, to no avail. The phone agent said she didn't have the numbers and "Talk to us" replied with:

"Thank you for contacting WorldPerks.

The Gold Elite Line and Gold Fax Number are unpublished numbers that are
not cannot be given out via Email. These numbers will be listed on the
back of your WorldPerks Gold Elite membership card which should arrive
in 4-6 weeks.

If you need to speak with an agent, please call the WorldPerks Customer
Service Center at 1-800-447-3757."

I'll try by phone again tomorrow and see if I get a more cooperative agent--I'm in no real hurry.

Very strange -- is your profile showing Gold yet? I was the original poster of the message you quoted above suggesting using the nwa.com "talk to us" method -- it's how I got the number when I turned Gold, absolutely no problem, in about 30 mins from when I sent the request.

If that's the policy now, well, it's just plain stupid. Boo NW!
Old Nov 29, 2004, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Cacophony
Very strange -- is your profile showing Gold yet? I was the original poster of the message you quoted above suggesting using the nwa.com "talk to us" method -- it's how I got the number when I turned Gold, absolutely no problem, in about 30 mins from when I sent the request.

If that's the policy now, well, it's just plain stupid. Boo NW!
It seems to be. I recently e-mailed NW asking for the GE number. Got almost the same response, stating that they would not hand out the GE number (quoted below).

So, will anyone be kind enough to please PM the GE number?

Thanks very much in advance.

EDIT: Thank you very much to 99ejs who PMed me minutes after posting. ^^^

aloha

Dear Mr. slippahs,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide the Gold Elite telephone number to our
members.

Since the Gold Elite telephone number is printed on your WorldPerks card
which you have not received yet, please call our WorldPerks reservations
at 1-800-225-2525 and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Northwest/KLM Airlines. We appreciate your
business.

Last edited by slippahs; Nov 29, 2004 at 1:25 pm
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Here's another odd one: Calling the WP line from abroad (an 800 number) is not possible from some countries and/or using some US-based calling cards. I did have the direct number in the 218 area code, but it's not the Elite line, it's the regular line. And I got a very new agent, who insisted it wasn't possible to transfer me to the Elite line. They didn't know how to do it, etc......Until we got started, and I had a really difficult ticket reissue. Then suddenly, with a supervisor's permission, she tole me she was going to transfer me! Funny.....
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:05 pm

Sorry to be the umpteenth person to do this, but my Gold status just posted on the web this morning, and I'd appreciate it if someone could PM me the number.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:11 pm

Programs: NWA - Plat...Hilton - Diamond
lol. ygpm
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Here's another odd one: Calling the WP line from abroad (an 800 number) is not possible from some countries and/or using some US-based calling cards.
When I turned Gold, I just called the Silver Elite line, spoke with an agent, and was given the GE number immediately.

Also, cannot access the 800 or 877 numbers (from Kuwait) with a world cell phone (T-Mobile). And the only numbers on the back of the card are toll free! Try dealing with local (Kuwaiti) KLM people who don't care at all!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Dear slippahs,

Thank you for contacting Northwest Airlines.

Please be advised that the Gold line number is 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Gold Fax
line
1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Sincerely,
xxxx
Very interesting. Just got this in my inbox a few minutes ago. So perhaps NW does release the Gold elite via e-mail....

aloha
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Me Too Please

Hello everyone,

This thread has finally prompted me to stop lurking anonymously around the forum (which I've been wasting way too much time doing for the last few months) and register myself.

I too made Gold last week -- this has been my first year of heavy travel. I tried calling 1-800-225-2525 (as suggested in a reply above) and then pushing the WorldPerks option, followed by the talk to a human option. It took a many attempts to get a human. When I did, he swore that not only would they not tell me the number, but that he himself was not allowed to know it because it was "unpublished." He did promise that my card would turn up in a week or two, but based on the comments of the other posters I'm not sure I believe that either. Then he started to help me with another matter, but seemed to accidentally hang up instead of putting me on hold, sending me straight to an automated survey.

So does anyone want to send me the number? I realize this is a bit self-serving for a first post, but now I've taken the plunge and registered I promise to be back with more. Aside from this issue, I'm really very happy with NWA and don't have too much in the way of horror stories or arcane knowledge at this point.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by ENIAC
Hello everyone,

This thread has finally prompted me to stop lurking anonymously around the forum (which I've been wasting way too much time doing for the last few months) and register myself.
Welcome to FT, ENIAC. You've got PM.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Thanks

Thanks for the number, clarence5ybr. Came through fine on the PM. I'm already adding up my planned and likely trips for next year to see if be likely to stretch to Platinum, so I'm sure I'll fit in round here.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Effective today I am GE, but thanks to a friend who is PE and the hints given in this and another thread, I already have the phone number!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:51 pm

While we're at it...

I would also appreciate the gold number...I crossed 50K over the Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks in advance to someone out there!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by HomelessScientist
I would also appreciate the gold number...I crossed 50K over the Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks in advance to someone out there!
Thanks to slippahs...I'm set.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Here's another odd one: Calling the WP line from abroad (an 800 number) is not possible from some countries and/or using some US-based calling cards. I did have the direct number in the 218 area code, but it's not the Elite line, it's the regular line. And I got a very new agent, who insisted it wasn't possible to transfer me to the Elite line. They didn't know how to do it, etc......Until we got started, and I had a really difficult ticket reissue. Then suddenly, with a supervisor's permission, she tole me she was going to transfer me! Funny.....
I know this works in France. I'm not sure about anywhere else.

To call a U. S. or Canadian toll-free number:

- instead of 800, dial 00 1 880
- instead of 877, dial 00 1 882
- instead of 888, dial 00 1 881

...then the number. It's not toll-free, but you do get through.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:01 am

Thumbs up nw good info

good info for ya all
there are 3 private lines 1 for gold 1 for platinum 1 for silver.
check www.nwa.com under contacts you will see 2 published
out of country toll numbers 1 for elite 1 for worldperks general public
supv at nwa do have a transfer to gold/platinum.agents used to have
but it was disconnected.there is a fax number to worldperks in hibbing mn
1 for platinum 1 for gold 1 for silver 1 for general public
call 800-447-3757 to ask for them.
you can print a worldperks card from nwa.com with needed number on back.
silver elite line is no such thing.just jumps you to top of the line in regular
res offices.no special office. only for gold and platinum.
emails do not goto real nwa agents -they goto nwa.com agents in minot
ndakota .who are contracted agents from acs services.only email
going to true nwa personnel is customer care..(contacts us link on nwa.com
use comment on travel experience box) or 701-420-6282 m-fri 730-7pm cent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.