Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Upgrade after online check-in completed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade after online check-in completed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thumbs up Upgrade after online check-in completed

My wife and I are traveling LAX-DTW-FLL tonight on the later DTW redeye. We both got EUA for the redeye, but not one for the morning DTW-FLL flight. I checked us in at the 24 hour mark, expecting to have to check for the upgrade at the gate. I just checked our reservation, and much to my surprise, we both got upgraded on the second segment, even though our already printed BP's show us in coach seats.

I did a search, and thought that once you check-in online, EUA would skip over your reservation. Does anyone else have experience with this situation? Have things recently changed?

Shane
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:58 am

Programs: NWA Silver
Forgive the ignorance, but what is EUA? I'm new here and trying to learn...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:37 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
lateacher - thanks for asking this question. I was wondering the exact same thing - whether checking in at 24 hours meant missing the "Elite Upgrade Automated" (EUA - buffalo86) processing. Your experience suggests that the best strategy if you haven't been automatically upgraded is to checkin online 24 hours ahead of time to get the best chances of a gate upgrade without losing your EUA upgrade. (I looked around, too - there are a lot of threads about this but I couldn't find anything definitive. I also think this may have changed on June 17).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.