Positive Upgrade on Award Travel

Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Positive Upgrade on Award Travel

I don't want to look a gift hourse in the mouth but...
Can someone help me? I am just too old I guess. I have been doing this elite thing for 2 decades now (even before these elite tiers were greated) and I just cant seem to keep up with the rules.

I thought there was no upgrades (except OP) on award travel

I was just upgraded via the computer on award travel. THis was for a fairly long 4 hour domestic leg MSP-LAX. The back of the plain was only 75% full.
I had commenced in the Middle East with KLM and was not upgraded TransAtlantic....

Is this supposed to happen? I already took the trip and I was never told it was a mistake. (Not that I am effusively happy as KLM and there non operational web site managed to screw up the rest of the trip).

"Northwest is pleased to provide the status of your complimentary WorldPerks Elite First Class upgrades on Northwest flights.

Minneapolis/St. Paul-Int'l, MN-Los Angeles Int'l, CA Northwest Airlines Flight 315 on 0XSEP, your First Class upgrade is confirmed and your reserved seat is 02B."
Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:13 am

I thought there was no upgrades (except OP) on award travel
You thought wrong. See page no. 2:
http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/elite/benguide04.pdf
Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
You thought wrong. See page no. 2:
http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/elite/benguide04.pdf

Sweet! Unless I am wrong again NW is one of the only carriers that I have seen that allows it. At least we should applaud them for this.

Att
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:36 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
NW is the only I know that does it on restricted award tickets. US will do it for elites on "rulebuster" award tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.