Tell Me About My Voucher

Old Sep 3, 04, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN or DL; Hyatt or Wyndham
Tell Me About My Voucher

Got bumped last night. $300 voucher. I informed the GA (who was extremely harried and often distracted) that it had to be transferable, at least to my wife. I get enough free stuff for myself. She looked at the voucher and said, quote, "there is nothing on here that says it is non-transferable."

The voucher is only 1 ticket-size sheet, and it says that T&C are on an attached sheet. There is no attached sheet.

What are standard T&C for $300 bump vouchers? Can I buy a ticket for my wife with it? If not, according to the formal rules, can I get an exception to those rules due to the fact that the GA implied something else?
Old Sep 3, 04, 3:30 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
What are standard T&C for $300 bump vouchers? Can I buy a ticket for my wife with it? If not, according to the formal rules, can I get an exception to those rules due to the fact that the GA implied something else?[/QUOTE]

I have bought tickets for both my wife and even non-family using vouchers in my name. You need to make the reservation by phone, then mail in the voucher to the address they give you. You can even book a ticket less than $300.00 and get a voucher for the difference.

Should be no problem.
Old Sep 3, 04, 4:57 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
MKEbound, you are correct under the OLD system. However, I think the Vouchers are now ECV's which is Electronic Credit Voucher and they are supposed to be bookable online. They are tied into your WP # if I understand correctly. I remember reading that one of the new changes is that they are NOT transferable.

I would go to the NWA.com and look on the area that mentions Electronic Credit Voucher. There are some numbers on it that you can type in to "find it" in cyberspace. All the T&C should be there.

Please let us know what you find out.
Old Sep 4, 04, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
As far as the new ones go they're not transferable. I've gotten a few agents who don't know this though and who've gone ahead and issued the ticket in someone elses name. If I remember correctly the only time they can be used for someone else is if you both book the same flights together, then it could be used to cover both tickets. I could be wrong, but that is what I thought I remember.

flyerCO
Old Sep 4, 04, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everything you need to know...

...is right here: http://www.nwa.com/travel/viewecv/ecvtandc.html

Search this Thread