FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Mileage Connection - Another NEW Promo! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/351944-mileage-connection-another-new-promo.html)

bhatnasx Sep 3, 2004 10:09 am

Mileage Connection - Another NEW Promo!

Miles for Communication partners - right on time as it's time to chance my home LD again!

http://www.nwa.com/offers/mileageconnection/

Earn up to 60,000 WorldPerks® Miles with Mileage ConnectionSM
Northwest Airlines® WorldPerks invites you to earn thousands of miles with the WorldPerks Mileage Connection promotion. Bonus Miles will be awarded by Northwest when you register first1 and then sign up for any of the participating communication partner offers between September 1 and December 31, 2004. Earn up to 10,000 WorldPerks miles from MCI®, Nextel and/or EarthLink® and 7,000 miles from T-Mobile® – PLUS up to 30,000 Bonus Miles from Northwest Airlines.3

Sign up for one communication partner offer and receive up to 10,000 miles. In addition, you will receive a 10% mileage bonus from Northwest on the mileage awarded from the communication partner!

Sign up for two communication partner offers and receive up to 10,000 miles for each, for a total of up to 20,000 miles. In addition, you will receive a 50% mileage bonus from Northwest on the mileage awarded from the two communication partners, for a total of up to 30,000 miles – more than enough for a domestic award ticket!

Better yet, sign up for three communication partner offers and receive up to 10,000 miles for each – for up to 30,000 miles total and Northwest will contribute a 100% mileage bonus on the mileage awarded from the three communication partners…for a grand total of up to 60,000 miles!

dab Sep 3, 2004 11:59 am

I signed up last month for MCI as the qualifying activity for my mile program but only got 3K miles from MCI. This is a great program but looks like I will miss out unless I switch wireless carriers to Nextel.

gleff Sep 4, 2004 7:01 am

Has anyone done the math on whether there's a way of using this promo to simply buy miles cheaply via these signup bonuses?

Don't have a home phone, don't need another cell phone, and use cable for my internet. So I'm not really in a position to take advantage of this in order to actually use the services..

B7E7 Sep 4, 2004 7:54 am

Well, in the rules it says you can sign up for one promo for each company, or multiple promos from one company. So, you could take three Earthlink dial up subscriptions, about $25 a month each after taxes. Earthlink says miles post after the 4th paid invoice. I'm guessing then, $100 per Earthlink account, or $300 for 60,000 miles (0.5 cents per mile) would be the best deal. Only thing is... I'm not sure if you have to sign a 12 month contract with Earthlink, or what the penalties would be for early termination, after 4 months.

I am considering to do this, just trying to decide how much trouble it will be. Does anyone have any experiance with these Earthlink dial-up promos? Such as hidden set up fees, length of contract, etc? Thanks.

dmacst Sep 4, 2004 9:51 am

Originally Posted by B7E7
Well, in the rules it says you can sign up for one promo for each company, or multiple promos from one company. So, you could take three Earthlink dial up subscriptions, about $25 a month each after taxes. Earthlink says miles post after the 4th paid invoice. I'm guessing then, $100 per Earthlink account, or $300 for 60,000 miles (0.5 cents per mile) would be the best deal. Only thing is... I'm not sure if you have to sign a 12 month contract with Earthlink, or what the penalties would be for early termination, after 4 months.

I am considering to do this, just trying to decide how much trouble it will be. Does anyone have any experiance with these Earthlink dial-up promos? Such as hidden set up fees, length of contract, etc? Thanks.

I called Earthlink yesterday and asked about the length of the contract and was told 1 year minimum. (DSL/Cable not Dial-Up)

dab Sep 4, 2004 10:04 am

I have earthlink cable delivered by Time Warner and was upgraded from Earthlink dial up. I never was aware of any contract length but perhaps it is required for this program. I know that if you just sign up on their web site as a new customer you get the half price for 6 months offer or $11 per month x 6 months = $66 savings, which is foregone if you sign up under this offer which requires full price. :td:

dab Sep 4, 2004 10:17 am

I just called Earthlink about the dial up plan and the agent said that there is NO minimum contract period (has been my experience in the past) but that the miles are awarded after the fourth month's bill. :)