Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Not so good experience w/ NW reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2004, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, NW Silver

Had a very unpleasant experience with Northwest today. I had reserved ticket from PBI to Helsinki (going PBI-EWR-MSP-AMS-HEL) and coming back HEL-AMS-ORD-IAH-FLL. I put this trip on courtesy hold 2 days ago, and then extended it on credit card hold last night. Thats where the problems begun. This morning I found my reservation cancelled, called Northwest, and was told that there was no record of me ever putting it on credit card hold, and so cancelled automatically last night. I was also told that there wasn'tany record of me even calling Northwest last night. I then proceeded to talk to the manager who pretty much had a "we have no records, you are lying" attitude. Then she proceeded to lecture me how this was an illegal routing etc etc. I tried rereserving the same flights again, but the transatlantic flight had sold out of the V-class inventory, hiking up the price $1000+. My question is there anything I can do about this to get the original flights (I'd appreciate the extra miles) for the original price? Has anyone else had similar experiences? I find this pretty outrageous that I give all my credit card information to the agent, and all of it dissapears into thin air- again no record of me even calling Northwest last night.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pAAvo T
Had a very unpleasant experience with Northwest today. I had reserved ticket from PBI to Helsinki (going PBI-EWR-MSP-AMS-HEL) and coming back HEL-AMS-ORD-IAH-FLL. I put this trip on courtesy hold 2 days ago, and then extended it on credit card hold last night. Thats where the problems begun. This morning I found my reservation cancelled, called Northwest, and was told that there was no record of me ever putting it on credit card hold, and so cancelled automatically last night. I was also told that there wasn'tany record of me even calling Northwest last night. I then proceeded to talk to the manager who pretty much had a "we have no records, you are lying" attitude. Then she proceeded to lecture me how this was an illegal routing etc etc. I tried rereserving the same flights again, but the transatlantic flight had sold out of the V-class inventory, hiking up the price $1000+. My question is there anything I can do about this to get the original flights (I'd appreciate the extra miles) for the original price? Has anyone else had similar experiences? I find this pretty outrageous that I give all my credit card information to the agent, and all of it dissapears into thin air- again no record of me even calling Northwest last night.
FYI, NWA does not GTD fares until you purchase the reservation....so even if a credit card was on the res to hold it, the fare would have gone up
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by socrates
FYI, NWA does not GTD fares until you purchase the reservation....so even if a credit card was on the res to hold it, the fare would have gone up
I believe NWA will guarentee a reservation (and the quoted fare) for 24 hours as long as you give them your credit card number. In some cases, the reservation will ticket immediately, but you still have the option to change or cancel without penalty within the 24 hour period. In any event, the "credit card hold" will guarentee the fare for the 24 hour period in which you may cancel. I've done it several times.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:25 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
If it was on CC hold, which tickets automatically after 24 (sometimes 48) hours, then you should have received a confirmation number.

I do not think there is anything you can do, if you do not have the confirmation number.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, NW Silver
Like I said earlier, my reservation was on time-hold for the first day. When the time hold was coming close to its end, I called Northwest to put my reservation on cc hold. Confirmation number stayed the same. The agent confirmed the cc address & all the flight details & promised that the fare would be held for next 24hrs. Next morning picking up the tickets I discovered that my itin. was never put on credit card hold, and so, expired. I called NW to complain, but they had no record of me ever calling them to put it on credit card hold etc...it was a screw-up on their part and now I'm stuck with lower mileage flights & a 6hr layover in AMS
Old Aug 28, 2004, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Arrow Final Resolution Option: Call Customer Care/Relations

As a final attempt try calling customer care or customer relations. I think that this department has been split into 2 departments.

One Customer Service Department for Before the flight issues (like yours) and a Customer Relations Department for after flight issues.

NW reservations will be able to direct you to the proper department.

Good Luck!

RC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.