FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Platinum Points Survey in Email Today, my response (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/350123-platinum-points-survey-email-today-my-response.html)

NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest Aug 27, 2004 5:33 pm

Platinum Points Survey in Email Today, my response

FWIW - I entered this in the comments section at the end.

The levels are too hard to reach. It is disconcerting that an M fare without a Sat. night stay MEM-DCA is in roughly the price range of a winter B fare to Europe, yet receives no points. It is such inequities that make me unwilling to work at trying to achieve a higher level. T fares to ANC are another example of relatively high priced but low classed fares that again receive no credit. I would also like to see CO brought into the promo. I do try to stay with NW, but their MEM-DUB schedule was so much better than that offered by connecting in AMS. If I missed the one connection with aer lingus, I do not trust KL to get me out of AMS on that day. Domestic first deserves more points as well as Z class trans-oceanic fares.

OutOfOffice Aug 27, 2004 11:34 pm

I requalified for Plat back in June, but I don't think I earned a single platinum point. I guess that's why I didn't get the survey. :)

sllevin Aug 28, 2004 1:03 am

I got the survey, since I currently have 120 Plat points. Looks like I'll get moree...but still norwhere near getting anything interesting. Heck, I've gotten as many bonus miles off of $600 worth of SJC-BWI tickets as I will from my $15,000 worth of WBC tickets on NW/KL.

Steve

MisterNice Aug 28, 2004 3:57 am

The PlatinumPoint(tm) thingee is quite underwhelming.

MisterNice

ewj Aug 28, 2004 8:03 am

I stated they should do away with the program and just give additional points/miles based on segments to Golds/Plats. Interestingly, I have 72K miles so far this year but only 4 segments - so it would not benefit me but would those same Plat who purchase lots of last minute/higher priced tickets.

Golds who have 20 segments get a free ticket and !Ok miles, 15 for Plats or something like that.

Those are the women and men who's back I'm on.

Radiocycle Aug 28, 2004 8:26 am

Platinum Points is irrelevent for the Domestic USA NW Road Warrior

I filled out the survey and stated in the "Comments" box at the end of the survey that the entire promotion was irrelevent to domestic NW Road Warriors. They should tie in partner activity i.e. hotels, rental cars, number of NW tickets per calender quarter, etc. to recognize loyalty from the most frequent fliers (Plat and beyond)

Everyone who responds should add comments to this survey.

RC

fromYXU Aug 28, 2004 10:29 am

I agree that we should take the opportunity to write comments.

My views (also expressed elsewhere) is that the payoff from PP is for those who travel extensively on high fares (full Y-, F- and J- type fares). To get any real PP value I believe you need to get to level 3 (600 PP). To get that you need 8 J-fares or 13 F-fares. If you that sort of travelling you are :
  1. Spending someone else's cash and earning lots of WP miles anyway so that you can afford to spend them on WBC seats, or
  2. Spending lots of your own cash, then you can afford to fly any class you want!

So, the promotion is not focused on someone like me who spends ~$15K flying on NWA and only get 150-200 PP. The promotion is not relevant to me.

I would rather have SWUs for flying certain fares or for attaining thresholds in miles.