Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

The latest major NW promo ... Mile-Zilla

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The latest major NW promo ... Mile-Zilla

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by santo
Why not? Earning opportunity wise? I just checked and it is exactly same points to miles conversion rate as for Mile-A-Rama from last winter.
What michaelr said above & I thought last year, there were a few more opportunities - though I could be wrong. My flying for this year will be about the same during this time last year & I felt that I earned more points/miles than I anticipate earning this year.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL, AA, HH, UA
Originally Posted by Warrenlm
Once again the T&C say that the first promotion one registers for gets the credit for an activity. So if a better promotion comes along for a specific route or something else that produces a nice bonus due to a flight itinerary, it appears that your flights won't count if you register for this one. This topic has been discussed before but I don't recall any exceptions. Have I got this right and does anyone anticipate better promos?
You bring up a good question and one I've thought about myself. I also wonder if there is a way to "unregister" for a promo? I haven't needed to, so I haven't looked.

The "1st promo registered gets credit for activity" rule didn't appear to apply to Miles-A-Rama last year. I'm sure someone more savvy, can say for sure re: Zilla & other promos req. registration.

Last year, daughter received miles for Miles-A-Rama and 2003 Winter Bonus Miles promo for the same MEM-HKG flight. Trip netted 41,547 miles (reg miles, 50% class bonus, Rama, Winter bonus, intnl E tkt ...too bad she wasn't elite until After the trip)
Old Aug 29, 2004, 4:29 pm
dab

Programs: UA DL
No iDines?

Wonder why no iDine credits for this program. I was all ready to head out to the iDine restauants after the end of the 10K program.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dab
Wonder why no iDine credits for this program. I was all ready to head out to the iDine restauants after the end of the 10K program.
As a whole this is not a WP partner promotion. It's the fall, less people travel so they trow in an incentive or two in the form of this promotion. Travel a lot, the higher the fare the better, and you get lots of points.

As happened for the last 3 years as far as I know.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:29 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Originally Posted by dab
iDine and other WorldPerks Mall partners activities are usually in the Fly Free Faster, activity-based promotions, not the Mile-a-Palooza/Godzilla, point-based promotion.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 8:56 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Travel a lot, the higher the fare the better, and you get lots of points.
But the earlier programs had certain distinctions that are missing this year. As I recall, more points were earned for Europe/Asia than for domestic. And didn't we get points for e-machine check-in as well as for online?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:18 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
But the earlier programs had certain distinctions that are missing this year. As I recall, more points were earned for Europe/Asia than for domestic. And didn't we get points for e-machine check-in as well as for online?
Based on the previous promotion (Mile-A-Rama), points for travelling to within 50, Asia and Europe are all the same for the same fare classes.

Clearly, the difference between Zilla and Rama, besides the creative names, is the omission of ESC check-in. I guess they must be happy with the number of people who are smart and savvy enough to use those kiosk these days.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:25 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
I think the ESC machines points have been removed since at most airports now you truly do not have a choice in using them. Even to check luggage at the FC line you must use the Machine and then the agent will tag your bag. This year it would give almost every flyer some points for checking in at the airport. The points are designed to move you away from staff interaction.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver; Marriott - Gold
Just registered.

Looking forward to those free miles.

Thanks for the heads-up
Old Sep 3, 2004, 7:25 pm

Starwood

Question about Starwood Preferred Guest points and MileZilla-

When staying at Starwood's, the points (3 points/dollar) go into my SPG account, which is then dumped into my NW account.
From the Terms & Conditions, it seems as if this will not count for the milezilla promotion.

Am I misunderstanding this?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: DL,AA,CO,US,STAR,HILT,MARR
Points per leg, full one way or full round trip?

I am holding a "K" class domestic ticket with one flight change (different flight number each time) each way in September.

As listed in promotion table, I am supposed to earn 25 points. These are 25 points for each leg, each full one way or full round trip? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:27 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
The rules say:

Fly roundtrip on a fare booked in the following classes:
V/L/T/K connect flights: 25
V/L/T/K non-stop or direct flights: 15

Since you're on connecting flights, it would be 25 total for your entire roundtrip.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I just got the email this morning. They don't love me...
Old Sep 8, 2004, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by redhead 26
anyone else getting this...

Mile-Zilla! A Monster Promotion
Member does not meet eligibility criteria listed below and may not register for this promotion.

I'm gold! They must not love me today anyone know if this was a targeted promo?
You must be registred for NWA e-mail to qualify.

"Get all the details and register today. "
http://nwaemail.nwa.com/pr.asp?src=07410900079989
Old Sep 10, 2004, 6:31 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Infinity
Based on the previous promotion (Mile-A-Rama), points for travelling to within 50, Asia and Europe are all the same for the same fare classes.

Clearly, the difference between Zilla and Rama, besides the creative names, is the omission of ESC check-in. I guess they must be happy with the number of people who are smart and savvy enough to use those kiosk these days.
I just received credit for my first flight (Q both ways). I did get my 50 points and 5 points for purchasing on NWA. I did not get any ponts for NWA checkin on the first flight. The second one I used the kiosk and would expect 5 points from that checkin, last year I would have. Hopefully I'll get the 5 points for the first checkin. Somtimes it is difficult to do NWA.COM checkin while on the road. Maybe I'll go through the process of checking in and than go get a "DUP" checkin while at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.