Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Northwest and Rental Cars ... How to Maximize Mileage

Northwest and Rental Cars ... How to Maximize Mileage

Old Aug 21, 04, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Red face Northwest and Rental Cars ... How to Maximize Mileage

With the latest "onslaught" of promotions, this intellectual game of figuring out how to maximize rental car mileage is beginning to exceed my mental capacity (ok, that's not too hard to do)... help me figure this one out...specifically my focus is on Dollar and Thrifty which appear to offer the greatest "opportunity"...

1. First, Northwest comes out with the Mileage Accelerator, in which they will match all miles earned from a WorldPerk car rental partner--standard and bonus--on transactions from 9/1 to 11/30, after registration. Sounds good.

2. Dollar is offering triple miles when renting a compact car or larger, 2 days or longer, when using their promo code NW3. But exactly what miles do they offer? From the site it states... "Effective August 1, 2004, Dollar will offer WorldPerks® members 250 miles per qualifying rental transaction of 7 days or less and 500 miles per qualifying rental transaction of 8 days or longer. A rental transaction means a car rental for all consecutive days at any one Dollar location."

Question: Does this mean if i register for the mileage accelerator, and rent a compact car for 2 days at Dollar, I will get (250 x 3) x 2 = 1500 miles for a 2 day rental? And that if i wait one day after the rental, i can do it again... (yes, and again, and again, and again?).

3. Thrifty is offering triple miles--750 total miles per transaction instead of the standard 250, from 9/6 to 11/19, on 3-day minimum/7-day maximum rentals. Doesn't seem to specify car size.

Question: Does this mean if i register for the mileage accelerator, and rent any car for 3 days at Thrifty, I will get 750 x 2 = 1500 ... and yes, then repeat it over and over?

Thoughts? Phew...

Search this Thread