Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Mile Marker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Million Mile Marker

Northwest has previously acknowledged Worldperks members who fly one million actual miles in various ways - most recently with a passport wallet and luggage tag. I wonder if this too has become a casualty of corporate thrift, as I passed one million miles several months ago and have seen nothing in the way of a response. Living in Minnesota, I'll continue to use NW as my primary carrier, but I will mute my feelings regarding their responsiveness and view the airline with less blind admiration than before.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:39 pm

Would love to get a current status also

Went into the Million Air status about a month ago. Confirmed it with a GA that I know, but have not see anything in the mail/website/boarding passes. Didn't get a chance to ask him if there are any current unofficial perks. On another flight msp-sea, I got to the gate 25 minutes before the prior flight. Initially the GA said no FC seats available and only a slight possible for a middle coach seat. Asked to be placed on the standby list anyway...... about 5 minutes later she paged me and said a FC seat opened up ..... was it just luck or platinum or platinum/MM?

NW has treated me very well with about 80% domestic travel. Always upgraded except for a couple times that I went standby. A few ( but not many ) operational upgrades for international travel. Always in coach for Hawaii.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:20 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
I dont know if they are still sending out Tumi passport travel organizer along with the MMair luggage tag and thank you letter, however it took several months from the time MM status was earned and the gift arrived. I do know that on your WP card it will now say MMair on it. Also, at some stations when you have a boarding pass printed by the agent, it will say something like wp-status/MI or wp-status/MI/MI where wp-status is SE/GE/PE and the /MI/MI is Million Air, Million WP. For example on mine I have seen PE/MI/MI being a WP PE, MMair, and M+ WP.

Give it some time and hopefully your Tumi or something will arrive and congratulations on all of those A$$ in the seat miles.

-H
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:18 pm

I passed the million mile mark about 4 months ago and got the Tumi passport wallet and luggage tag about one month ago.

Hang in there.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:07 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Originally Posted by I Liked Republic
I passed the million mile mark about 4 months ago and got the Tumi passport wallet and luggage tag about one month ago.

Hang in there.
Wouldn't it be cool to have one with a turquoise goose on it?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
Isn't Herman buried somewhere near the old NC/Republic office building/hanger on the west side of the airport off Post Road?
tom
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:46 pm

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
MM Air

Shouldn't more than a passport wallet and a tag be given after a Million miles? I think so.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:38 am

I agree that you should get more than just a travel wallet after getting to 1 million miles. I got my package a few months ago and gotta say I would have easily traded it for one international upgrade - why is NW so chintzy with this?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
If it came with the goose on it, I might actually use it. Right now it sits in a drawer with other nice stuff I have and will never use.

It is certainly not an extravagent gift, but it's better than nothing. Though, if I had my choice, I would really like to see NWA award lifetime Gold or Plat status for some level of extended loyalty (like one million actual miles flown).
Old Jul 15, 2004, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
What do the y measure? Base miles? NW only? Anyone know?

<salivating>
Old Jul 15, 2004, 11:04 am

Actual flight miles....(i.e. not 500 min).
Old Jul 15, 2004, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
What do the y measure? Base miles? NW only? Anyone know?

<salivating>
MMair is based upon actual air, aka base miles. It is not uncommon to see a MMair with a multiple of 2-3 or higher of total program miles (bonus miles, ccard, etc.). Thus total program miles are the total WP miles earned while Air also known as A$$ in the seat miles are those flown. - H
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:55 pm

Just got my gift today - Engraved Pen

I just got my million mile gift today. Changed from the Passport Wallet to a Waterman Pen, NWA Luggage Tag, and nice note from Beth Shultis.

The Brushed Chrome pen was engraved with your name on the cap - seem to be a Waterman Expert II CT Rollerball with very small nwa logo on top of cap. Looks like pen on:

http://www.altmanluggage.com/ShopSit...n_expert2.html

NWA Luggage Tag is brass and leather. No mention of 1 million on the luggage tag. Not engraved with your name.

Seems like a small downgrade from previous gifts but NWA has treated me very well overall for the past million miles.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by madison8
I just got my million mile gift today. Changed from the Passport Wallet to a Waterman Pen, NWA Luggage Tag, and nice note from Beth Shultis.

The Brushed Chrome pen was engraved with your name on the cap - seem to be a Waterman Expert II CT Rollerball with very small nwa logo on top of cap. Looks like pen on:

http://www.altmanluggage.com/ShopSit...n_expert2.html

NWA Luggage Tag is brass and leather. No mention of 1 million on the luggage tag. Not engraved with your name.

Seems like a small downgrade from previous gifts but NWA has treated me very well overall for the past million miles.
Congratulations!

You will probally have to wait until next year, however on your next WP card, it should say "Million Air"...

-H
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:23 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by hooverer
Congratulations!

You will probally have to wait until next year, however on your next WP card, it should say "Million Air"...

-H
... unless you order a "replacement" card ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.