Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Gold Elite Status for free for Asian residents - valid till 08/31/04

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

This is an unbelievable promotion. All Asian residents can get Gold Status just by signing up. Status is good till August 31st, 2004. In order to keep your status for the rest of the year, you need to meet some flight requirements.

see:
https://asia.nwa.com/jp/en/guestgold/gold.jsp

In Japanese:
https://asia.nwa.com/jp/jp/guestgold/gold.jsp

What a deal - it also includes:
100% Gold Elite Mileage Bonus (that's Double Miles for your trip)
Complimentary access to WorldClubs® Lounges
Priority check-in and pre-boarding privileges
15kg extra check-in luggage allowance on KLM
Unlimited First Class upgrades within the US
Guaranteed confirmed reservations in full-fare Economy Class on sold-out Northwest-operated flights

TURN 3 MONTHS INTO A YEAR

To fast-track to full Gold Elite membership valid until February 28, 2005, just complete one of the following activities from Asia before August 31, 2004:

Take 1 roundtrip flight in World Business ClassSM (J/C fares) to North America
Take 2 roundtrip flights in Economy Class (Y/B/M fares) to North America
Take 2 roundtrips flights in World Business Class (J/C fares) within Asia
What's more, fly roundtrip in World Business Class from Asia to Detroit (NW 11/12), New York-JFK, Portland or San Francisco, Monday to Thursday during the promotion period and get an extra 5,000 WorldPerks Bonus Miles.

Terms and Conditions:

This offer is valid for residents of Asia Pacific only.
To participate in this offer and activate temporary WorldPerks Gold Elite membership until August 31, 2004, you must register for this promotion online via this form.
If you are not yet a WorldPerks member, enroll online at nwa.com/asia or call Northwest Reservations.
You must register at least 5 working days prior to flight departure.
For Gold Elite membership to be extended until February 28, 2005, you must complete one of the qualifying activities on Northwest Airlines between May 15, 2004 and August 31, 2004.
One paid roundtrip flight to the U.S. (excluding Honolulu) or Canada on World Business Class (J or C fares) OR
Two paid roundtrip flights to the U.S. (excluding Honolulu) or Canada in Economy Class (Published Y, B or M fares) OR
Two paid roundtrip flights within Asia (including Guam and Saipan) in World Business Class (J or C fares).
An additional 5,000 Bonus Miles will be awarded to passengers who travel roundtrip in World Business Class (J/C fares) on Mondays to Thursdays to Detroit (NW flights 11/12), New York-JFK (NW flights 17/18), Portland (NW flights 5/6 commencing June 11, 2004) or San Francisco (NW flights 27/28) during the promotion period. The additional 5,000 Bonus Miles can only be earned once during the term of this promotion.
This offer may not be combined with any other WorldPerks or Northwest offers. Passengers are not eligible for multiple WorldPerks offers with the same roundtrip. Passengers participating in promotions with overlapping time periods will only be eligible for the first promotion for which they are registered.
Only Northwest operated flights apply. Code share flights are not eligible.
The following fares do not qualify for this promotion: Free, No value, Infant, Child, WorldPerks free award travel, group, agency/industry discounted tickets, Round-the-World and other fares/tickets are not eligible for this promotion.
The 2004 Gold Elite membership kit (valid through February 28, 2005) will be sent to you 4-6 weeks after the mileage of the qualifying trip has been credited to your WorldPerks account. Bonus Miles will be credited to your WorldPerks account 4-6 weeks after flight completion.
Please keep your boarding passes, ticket copies or TSR (Trip Summary and Receipt) until the correct mileage or reward has been received.
Other terms and conditions may apply.
Northwest is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules.
For reservations,contact Northwest Reservations Center at 03-3533-6000 (Tokyo 03 area), 0120-120-747 (other areas) or for more details please contact WorldPerks Service Center at 03-3532-7000 with reference code: GNWP BONUS AGG04
^
Old Jun 3, 2004, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Cubit Zirconia Elite?

As an Asia Gold Elite who actually flew the miles last year, I'm not so happy to see this.
Silver, I could see. But gold? Why not just give them Plat Status?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 8:53 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
A RT in full Biz is quite a bit of cash........

At full EQMs, pretty much anyone who makes a US to Asia round trip would be darn near Silver as it is. I did always wonder why I never saw some 200 people pre-boarding the NRT flights.....

NBow I'll let the fare gurus figure out what the cheapest RTs within Asia in J would be.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kyushuman
As an Asia Gold Elite who actually flew the miles last year, I'm not so happy to see this.
Neither am I. On top of that they are offering the promotion during the summer season - which is the busiest season already! There are going to be SO MANY gold elite customers next year!

So much for status.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:03 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Best I found so far is ICN--NRT $289 one way unrestricted C. Fare basis: C. Per expedia fare list.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:02 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Looks like I'll have to give this a try one way or the other. I did like having my cool OnePass card with all the Japanese writing on it...smile

mjm... can I use your Tokyo address for a few months
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Note to self: Fly another airline that doesn't give away status. Then, return to NW after August 31, 2004.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:49 am

What benefits do "gold" members get within Asia...since trascon flights are no different, isn't the only benefit if they are traveling within the US...I agree that they maybe should have considered comping "silver", but I will assume they know what they are doing.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
just signed up for me and the missus, thanks for the post!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
A RT in full Biz is quite a bit of cash........

At full EQMs, pretty much anyone who makes a US to Asia round trip would be darn near Silver as it is. I did always wonder why I never saw some 200 people pre-boarding the NRT flights.....

NBow I'll let the fare gurus figure out what the cheapest RTs within Asia in J would be.
Well, yes and no.

To get 25,000 silver miles, one trip is not enough. BOS-DTW-NRT only gives you 14,000 miles RT. You have to do BOS-DTW-NRT-SIN to get 20,000. Not everyone goes to SIN.

Many of my Chinese friends fly to China once a year on NW. That's 16,000 miles from east coast or 11,000 miles from west coast. A lot of folks to or from Asia only buy cheapest consolidator's fares, and have no loyalty to a particular airline. For these people, even getting 25,000 miles from ONE airline in any particular year is not that easy.

Also, the vast majority of the public are not crazy about miles. MR is a ridiculous waste of money and time, therefore, a total nonsense to them.

Last edited by BOS-NWA; Jun 5, 2004 at 6:23 pm
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Remember, the flight requirement only gives you Gold status until Feb 2005. Without doing the requirement, "Everyone" gets Gold this summer if they so wish.

I got the promotion in a letter to my Japanese address (in Japanese). My promotion is a little different than the one on the website. I think it is because the letter already included my Gold Card with 08/04 expiry. The code lets NWA know not to send out another one. (my guess).
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:43 pm

The site is allowing non-asia addresses to register as well. what/when is the check to see if a person is eligible ? or can anyone register? any exp with previous promos ?

Also, is the status (evn for asia addresses) supposed to change to Gold ? Can;t seem to see it! If not, how can one make use of the gold features, esp the lounge access ??

Last edited by IaLTO; Jun 3, 2004 at 5:47 pm Reason: adding...
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IaLTO
The site is allowing non-asia addresses to register as well. what/when is the check to see if a person is eligible ? or can anyone register? any exp with previous promos ?

Also, is the status (evn for asia addresses) supposed to change to Gold ? Can;t seem to see it! If not, how can one make use of the gold features, esp the lounge access ??

Apparently, It takes about 5 days for status to change so my guess is the change is done manually. I had my Gold card sent to me before the sign-up. I would presume that a "temp" card is sent to you soon after registering. Otherwise, you are quite correct about potential difficulties in getting into WorldClubs and drinking all the booze for free!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:11 pm

Australia is APAC ?

Another small Q..

in the NW world, is Australia counted in asia pacific ? Address hunting. :P
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IaLTO
Another small Q..

in the NW world, is Australia counted in asia pacific ? Address hunting. :P

Yes, Australia is NWA country

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.