Bolivia

Old May 12, 04, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Bolivia

Is there a way to get to Bolivia using worldperks miles?
Old May 12, 04, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't believe so. Copa and Continental don't seem to fly there. I don't think Delta does either. You'd probably have to get a reward ticket to a close country, and then buy a seperate ticket. I think AA and another Latin American (Aerolinas?) company are the major players.
Old May 13, 04, 9:21 am
JVR

You can fly to Lima, Peru and buy a ticket from there via LanPeru.
Old May 13, 04, 12:42 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Umm... this may be more trouble than it's worth, but if you change your account address to an address outside of the US/Canada/Mexico, your account, status, and balance will convert to KLM Flying Dutchman after several weeks. (Search KLM and Northwest for details.)

Once you have a KLM account, you can request seats on CO, NW, and/or on GlobalPass carriers-- including TACA which flies from Lima to Santa Cruz and La Paz. But, I would only recommend this if you are planning very well in advance to allow time for the account conversion.
Old May 14, 04, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
Umm... this may be more trouble than it's worth, but if you change your account address to an address outside of the US/Canada/Mexico, your account, status, and balance will convert to KLM Flying Dutchman after several weeks.
I thought I read somewhere (KLM forum?) that you could only convert back and forth X times or once in every X months/years? Without doing any research myself, I might suggest a search of KLM and NW forums on FT.

When I moved to UK, the only reason I didn't change to KLM FD was that most of my NW/KL flying is still US domestic, and you need PE status on KLM to upgrade on US domestic flights. Plus KLM FD customer service is a joke by all accounts on the KLM forum. Of course, FD offers the benefit of upgrading just about any ticket class to business.

Search this Thread