Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

LAX-DEN Turnaround Mileage Run - Can I do this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-DEN Turnaround Mileage Run - Can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2004, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Thumbs up I'll go for it!

Thanks so much to everyone for helping me out on this. This is the NW forum we all know and love
Old May 5, 2004, 2:00 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
FWIW, a significant amount of the information posted in this thread is incorrect.

This is particularly true in regard to some of the definitions and their interpretations, presented, not surprisingly, with authority.

It is clear to me that some here have not been trained in the finer nuances of the definitions and their interpretation.

Mebbe I'll elaborate on another date when time permits.... or mebbe not.

What we have here is a reminder that this is just a bulletin board... so the 911 you receive here may be accurate - or mebbe it's not! Just be advised.

I saw that earlier you were in a rush for answers, TrayflowInUK.

Traveling tomorrow?

Last edited by tvl4free; May 5, 2004 at 6:36 am
Old May 5, 2004, 5:29 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I flew this run along w/Lax-msp dble mlge promo over Easter wkend. the Lax -den/Den-Lax was the same plane turnaround then as well as flight crew. By the way, fare was 138.20, k-class.

Last edited by rustyr; May 5, 2004 at 5:31 am
Old May 5, 2004, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Simple answer

Just go to nwa.com

Enter a routing of lax-den-lax-den-lax. It will price out (subject to availability) just fine. When you inquire as to the fare basis, you will notice that it prices as two seperate round trips. Not a continuation, which which make little sense as it would be a $198.20 (w/PE500) LAX-LAX round-trip.
This should finally answer the legailty issue.

As to whether you will be looked at cross eyed, well maybe, but who cares. I was questioned mildly when I did a wild run last year with a single overnight. The routing permitted and that is all that mattered.

Regarding misscon or bump. Depend on why and how eloquently you pursue the issue. Due to maintenance, no issue, hotel and/or off-line reroute to AA nonstop departing at 6:58. Weather? well a wild card here; but, if requested nicely and presented that a flight tommorrow does little as tommorrow you are returning to LAX, you should still be rerouted via the AA nonstop.

Nice find and too bad it wasn't a little earlier when the K class promotion was going at $138 as mentioned
Old May 5, 2004, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I rang NW's SE line today and the RSA said this should be no problem, maybe a little unusual, but not breaking any rules.

So I bought 'em! :-:

I wonder what the next RSA would say if I rang again...
Old May 5, 2004, 5:43 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Since The beginning of Platinum- NW Million Miler
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
But, these are the risks we take! If it was a non-WX-related misconnect I assume I would get accommodation if flight was in morning (or none if red-eye).

With a non-weather misconnect, NW would probably protect you on United.
Old May 17, 2004, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Arrow Well, I did it, and the results are as follows...

As I originally mentioned, I bought the following itinerary:

NW0960 LAX-DEN WED 1145-1451 TICKET 1
NW0961 DEN-LAX WED 1600-1719 TICKET 2
NW0962 LAX-DEN WED 1800-2106 TICKET 2
NW0961 DEN-LAX FRI 1600-1719 TICKET 1

Both spouse and I got credit for all flights and bonuses except for Segment 3, NW0962. Not sure why; even if this negates the promo we should have gotten base miles. But we have already rec'd miles for segment 4 plus miles for other flights the next day (saturday). So I've sent a fax to WP and we'll see what happens...

There were some characters on those flights... but the best part was NW0961, which had 2 FAMs in first class... out of a total of about 6 pax! Boy did I feel safe. The first FAM was on NW0960 as well, and laughed his a%$ off when about three of us got right back on the plane to fly to LA again.

I was a little worried at first when he got off the plane in DEN after flying 0960 and sat in the gate area... I could tell he was an FAM because of his bulletproof vest and bulge at his ankle... I wondered if he'd take me in for questioning due to my suspicious behaviour! After all, who takes three flights in a row between the same two cities?

Oh yeah, someone who wants Platinum status!

FYI, different crews on all four flights.
Old May 17, 2004, 11:29 am

Both spouse and I got credit for all flights and bonuses except for Segment 3, NW0962. Not sure why
Because the computer doesn't think that anyone flies the same route twice in one day.
Old May 17, 2004, 4:10 pm
OMG

I dont get it. Accroding to some, wouldn't the first 3 segments be considered connections by the NW system, and void the bonus miles, since they are all within the same day, and within a couple hours of each other? So it would be LAX-LAX with a connection in DEN?
Old May 17, 2004, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Because the computer doesn't think that anyone flies the same route twice in one day.
I think you're right, UpgradeMe. Because if it was just an issue of voiding the promo offer, then the base miles would have still posted.

I'll update the gang when NW responds to my fax.

Fingers crossed...
Old Jun 4, 2004, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Well, this info doesn't really help anyone now since the promo is history, but NW finally credited us with our 3rd segment and all associated bonuses. Thanks NW! ^
Old Jun 4, 2004, 4:45 pm

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
the promo is history
Don't scare me like that! Promo registration ended May 31, 2004, but we have until June 30th to get the triple miles.

Cached
Old Jun 5, 2004, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aaronma
Don't scare me like that! Promo registration ended May 31, 2004, but we have until June 30th to get the triple miles.
Oooh, sorry, my bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.