WBC Seats - Bulkhead Blocked?

Old May 4, 04, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

WBC Seats - Bulkhead Blocked?

I have a trip to Japan coming up in July, and as soon as the 90-day window for the seat assignment came up, I went to nwa.com to get the seats in the WBC on 747-400. For the outbound, I saw that immediately 73AB, 72JK, 80EF, 10AB, and 9D thru K had been "occupied," even though not one seat was taken in the 'A' section (nose). Then when the 90-day window for the inbound flight came, I discovered that exactly the same seats had been immediately "occupied."

I am now suspecting that these seats are somehow automatically blocked out, for whatever the reason. I can see that people would jump on 73AB and 10AB, but 9D-F? Those are by no means the good seats in WBC.

Has this scenario come up for anyone else here?
Old May 4, 04, 12:06 pm
mdb

They are most probably "saved" for Elites.
Old May 4, 04, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

I have just called the Elite line, and the agent said that those "blocked" seats, at least appearing so online, were actually avaialable. So I got my favorite (and everyone's?) 73AB both directions.

The Elite or the premium seats in the nwa.com seatmap for the 747-400 are actually the L/D, rows 1-4.

Well, the truth holds again: "When in doubt, call the Elite line."
Old May 4, 04, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Bulkhead seats in F or WBC always show as "blocked" on the nwa.com seat maps. This is not so on itn.net where they show bulkhead availability if the seats are not occupied. I've always had to call the elite line for bulkhead seating in F/WBC.
Old May 4, 04, 9:18 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
These seats are bassinet seats (baby bassinets get attached to the bulkhead); as well these seats have greater ease of access, helpful for those that might have some physical limitations. NWA's thinking is that they should be assigned by live agents based on need, that's all.
Old May 5, 04, 10:02 am

Programs: NW, *wood
Originally Posted by Sankaps
These seats are bassinet seats (baby bassinets get attached to the bulkhead)
Last week I noticed that there are bassinet attachment points on the bulkhead in front of seats 1A and 1B on the A319. I really wish NW wouldn't "encourage" pax to bring babies into F, although I suppose a baby in a bassinet is better than a lap baby.

See you up front....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: