FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   NW Freddie Results '04 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/317444-nw-freddie-results-04-a.html)

slippahs Apr 29, 2004 10:48 pm

NW Freddie Results '04

Best Affinity Credit Card Numbers
17. Northwest WorldPerks Visa

Best Award
10. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks
Members who took advantage of "Cash and Miles" awards to Europe and Asia could use as little as

Best Award Redemption
10. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks

Best Bonus Promotion
7. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks
Mileapalooza: Members could participate in a variety of activities that earned points - flying, renting a car, or staying in a hotel. At the end of the promotion points were added up, then converted into up to 200,000 miles.

Best Customer Service
9. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks

Best Elite Level
3. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks

Best Newsletter
7. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks

Best Web Site
3. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks

Program of the Year
6. Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks

Can be found: http://www.freddieawards.com/events/?event_key=10

aloha

OutOfOffice Apr 29, 2004 10:58 pm

#3 for best elite program and CO fell to #6. I gues CO "enhanced" itself further from #1 again this year and NW managed to bump up a bit for what it didn't do, very interesting. I'm a bit surprised NW only ranks 9th for customer service, I always find it one of the strong points both at the airport and on the phone.

kidvintage Apr 29, 2004 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by OutOfOffice
#3 for best elite program and CO fell to #6. I gues CO "enhanced" itself further from #1 again this year and NW managed to bump up a bit for what it didn't do, very interesting.

Next years awards are going to be fun when it becomes NW's turn to "enhance" itself further from #1..........with the introduction of the "R" class anti-upgrade "improvement"!! ;)

GG Apr 29, 2004 11:44 pm

Gosh! Now I might be tempted to see who won...

Freddies...

Didn't CO used to win all of them?

doglover Apr 30, 2004 6:00 am

hello from paris

given that alaska pimped for votes and northwest did very little in that regard that says a lot. having been an AS mvp i do not understand how alaska could be ahead of the red tail:

i know zilch about am west ... can anyone explain their win????

RobOnLI Apr 30, 2004 7:11 am

I think WN (Southwest) used their profits to buy their wins at the Freddie Awards.

I don't understand why the low-cost carriers won so many categories. They're either buying their way or the Freddie's have gone awry. Sure...the big six don't have to win everything, but someone at Freddie clearly sees the travel industry continuing to move towards the low-cost carrier model.

-RM

smilee Apr 30, 2004 11:36 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I think WN (Southwest) used their profits to buy their wins at the Freddie Awards.

I don't understand why the low-cost carriers won so many categories. They're either buying their way or the Freddie's have gone awry. Sure...the big six don't have to win everything, but someone at Freddie clearly sees the travel industry continuing to move towards the low-cost carrier model.

I don't think it is too hard to see why WN does so well. Look at the FF program, if you book online, four short trips last year could get you a free ticket which could be compared to a NW rulebuster ticket. I think that is pretty good value. Although I do not fly WN, the staff whom I have met have been excellent. Their website is easy to use. The fares and sales are usually priced competitively. If they flew to Canada or international destinations, I might be tempted to fly them.