Flight Changes to another Airline

Old Apr 26, 04, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Question Flight Changes to another Airline

I have some questions.

1) Which steps or process are used when Northwest has to change equipment? Steps in meaning how and/or who is choosen to be switched? Is there a standard list of this process i.e. Fares, Elite level, destination or check in time?
My flight had a change of equipment for NW 334 on Saturday (April 24). I checked in at 1015 am for the 1229 pm flight and the agent said I was switched to DELTA. I was thinking maybe the NW 334 was Cancelled, but it was a change in equipment. Then, she asked if I wanted a vocher or a free ticket. She had NO reason to my change of flights. The counter was busy, so I did not want keep asking too many questions, as no one had any answers or ideas. I know NW wants to get people to their destinations in a timely fashion, which is great. I know the route for me could be tough going to FLL. I was very flexible for this date, but no one asked me. So next I am going on Delta, which I have NO good seating or upgrade selection. Second, I was being upgraded on NW to seating in no man's land. Also I traveling to add ELITE miles for NW and keeping my status on NW, now I get less miles on delta using my NW worldperk's account.

I have never had this in such a matter. I am gold for NW and it seems odd that they would just bump an eliteundefinedundefinedundefined as I checking in 2 hours before my flight. I would not shocked if were 30 minutes before a flight.

I had call the elite line a few times during sunday and one seem to know the process. Do I need stay on this problem or is this a way of business for NW I know the LAX people have the control of switching flyers.

Thanks
SCA

Last edited by SAnger3494; Apr 26, 04 at 2:38 pm
Old Apr 26, 04, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by SAnger3494
[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Also I traveling to add ELITE miles for NW and keeping my status on NW, now I get less miles on delta using my NW worldperk's account.

Actually, you will receive 100% EQM on Delta. See

http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/elite/overview.html

If you were offered a free ticket for the "mishap", I would say that that is more than fair. After all, it is only one segment, and as uncomfortable as DL seats are, these things happen. I would have taken the free ticket, and let the matter drop.
Old Apr 26, 04, 6:56 pm
Original Member

Yes, I agree that it doesn't seem to be a bad deal. Annoying, certainly, but a pretty good offer for the inconvenience, IMHO.

But I hope you took the voucher. The free ticket may be cheaper, but with increasingly difficult availability, and getting no miles or EQMs, I'd personally take the voucher to apply towards a fare-based ticket any day.

That's just me, of course. Go for whatever works best for you.
Old Apr 26, 04, 8:51 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
SAnger3494,

When you were bumped to DL nonstop from LAX to FLL, you should have used your DL membership number, hopefully you also have it. Then you can ask NW to credit you for the original miles to your account since it was NW who bumped you off that flight by changing the equipment.
I've had this happen couple of years ago when I was scheduled to fly from DFW to LAX via MEM on NW. The flight from DFW to MEM was cancelled and NW put me on DL nonstop from DFW to LAX. I requested and received miles from DL AND NW.
You might want to try getting the cake and eat it, TOO.

HJ
Old Apr 27, 04, 1:54 pm

hyunja,

That scheme is over. Since NW and DL our now partners they would check with delta be4 they would give you the miles and once they know you got delta miles you are not going to get NW miles.
Old Apr 27, 04, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
I did not get the lax-fll nonstop on song. I did not want to fly Delta again. I was on milage run for NW, so when I go it worked out with the ELITE line I went to the GETTY for four hours and looked for wine to take back to Florida.
The main question I am looking for is the process of being putting on other airline as I checked in two (2) hours before the flight?

Search this Thread