A way to get 1,000 miles?

Old Apr 26, 04, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Question A way to get 1,000 miles?

I am new to the NWA forum. I currently have a little over 24k miles in my NW account. I would like to top it off at 25k for a free saver ticket. Is there anyway to do this for free or really cheap? Thank you
Old Apr 26, 04, 2:10 pm

Buying miles is one option.

Using Dining for Miles (iDine), although it's more expensive in terms of direct cost.
Old Apr 26, 04, 2:45 pm

Do you have any friends flying in the near future? If you refer them to Worldperks, you can earn up to 3500 miles... those miles have posted within a week of their flights being completed. See:

http://www.nwa.com/offers/referafriend/

Good luck!
Old Apr 26, 04, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

what about transfers?

Originally Posted by keithguy
Buying miles is one option.
I see that the minimum is 2500. Does NW allow transfers between accounts? 1000 miles from say a family members account and would that be cheaper than $95? Thanks
Old Apr 27, 04, 2:44 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Hotel Transfers

If you have a Best Western Gold Crown Club account with 500 Points in it, they offer an award where you can convert 500 GCCI points into 1000 NW miles. It takes several weeks for them to get in your WP account.

If you have time you could get an account and stay at Best Western a few times. They give one point for dollar spent, and some hotels offer double or triple points. Worse case scenario it is $500 spent at Best Westerns.

You can also earn 250 miles per STAY at Best Westerns and Choice Hotels brands (Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, etc). BW is even offering a double thing from 4/15 to 6/15 where you would earn 1000 miles if you do two STAYS and have them earn miles with Gold Crown Club Intl.

BW also has a travel card where you can earn miles by purchasing a travel card . You can get 1000 miles if you purchase a travel card worth $100 on their website and pay for it with a Mastercard (500 miles with other forms of payment). These are technically free miles if you could use the travel card for a later stay.

I am sure other programs offer similar transfers, but I am not sure which ones.

Of course there is a NW visa card that is fee free and gives you 1 mile per $2 spent and a check card which gives you some miles.

Search this Thread