Priority Seats at Check-in

Old Apr 27, 2004, 8:14 am

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
I help my friend use online check in yesterday for today's BWI-DTW-MDW flights. It is her first time flying NW (so 3000 bonus miles for me ). However, when we checked in about 24 hours before departure, she can't select the prior seats from the whole prior seats area, however, it is strange that only one of the prior seats on each segment is open for her (10A on a A319 and 8A on a DC9-3).
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Rocketman
These were my experiences, as always, your mileage my vary. For those who have not had it work for them, feel free to ask me any question about how I did it. I did not try for exit row seats, just the seats that were blocked off for elite passengers at my time of purchase. Also, this is an award ticket booked online in case that matters.
Congrats on getting the premium seats you've been wanting.

I do have a feeling it does relate with loads. The larger the loads on a flight, the less the computer would be willing to give our premium seats and vice verse. Just speculation, however.

aloha
Old May 13, 2004, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
A friend of mine from the NWA was able to put me in exit seats in transpacific flights when I did not have any status with NWA. He said he couldn't put me in the premium seats, premium seats only release to non-elite the day of departure (past midnight).
Quite often my exit seatmates were paying a lot more than I did. One lady I met was a spouse of US military general. She paid $800 between Tokyo and Des Monies. She told me with the fare she paid, she can either sit in the WBC and receive no miles or sit in the coach and receive miles. If I rememer correctly, I only paid $550 for my US-TPE ticket.
I am curious to find out the rules regarding to assigning international exit seats.
Old May 13, 2004, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Family flyer
You can always elect not to print boarding passes - whether you change your seats or not. In fact, if you have luggage it's sometimes better not to get boarding passes.

Here's why: At some airports passengers with boarding passes wait in the regular line, separate from the (shorter) kiosk line. When you use a kiosk with luggage your bag tags come out behind the counter and your name is immediately called. This kiosk check-in procedure can vault you ahead of other people waiting in the regular line with their boarding pass already in hand.
Even if you have boarding pass you can still go to the kiosk and check in luggage or just print out a receipt or as in my case reprint the boarding pass you lost. In either case it will print your luggage tags. If you don't have luggage go straight to the gate!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.