Malev Seat Assignment Question

Old Apr 22, 04, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Malev Seat Assignment Question

Since NW is a code share of Malev, I am hoping that this is an appropriate forum for my question.

I just booked my Malev flight from AMS to BUD on the NW website (my originating flight from EWR to AMS is on CO). NW - on its website and through its phone agents - professed an inability to access MA's seat maps and assign me seats on the MA flights. When I called MA's US office, the agent told me to deal with NW, which should be able to assign a seat. That was fruitless, so I then called MA's reservations line in Hungary, and the agent told me that since I booked with NW I will not be able to get a seat assignment until I get to the airport on the date of departure.

What gives? Is there any way for me to get seat assignments before my early June flights? And if not, am I being set up for a middle seat on a MA 737 (my AMS to BUD flight is at 10:00 a.m. on a Tuesday, and my BUD to AMS flight is at 7:10 a.m. on a Friday)?

Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 04, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
I am in the same boat as you are coming in from YYZ to AMS, and the connecting at 10am to BUD and on to KRK on Malev.

I too was told that seats cannot be assigned on Malev by NW in the US, and will get my seats at the airport, I figure since I get in at 7:35, I will be able to get to the transfer desk before anyone else checks in for the 10am flight, and thus will have a better choice of seats (ie.not get the dreaded middle seat)...

Furthermore, NW cannot even preassign KLM intra-Europe seats, not even on KLM's joke of a business class, the new Select Class.
I wasnt even able to get a preassigned seat on NW's own WBC flight from CDG-DTW! I find the last part pathetic, luckily I can get the seat at the day of the flight and since I am originating from AMS, I will have a few hours advantage on other WPC pax..

Search this Thread