FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   2003 1-2-3 certificates - change fee? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/315286-2003-1-2-3-certificates-change-fee.html)

justame Apr 22, 2004 6:38 am

2003 1-2-3 certificates - change fee?

Does anyone know if you book a trip using the 1-2-3 certificates from the 2003 promotion (good through 12/31/2004) if you can "re-deposit" this sort of ticket/certificate with no fee as you can when booking with miles as a Platinum elite member?

I will on occassion book a personal trip and use miles for myself, then when it turns out I have business trips on either end, I re-deposit my miles and book my business trips around my vacation plans. I still have these two certificates that will work on a couple of upcoming vacations, but I may end up having to change due to business travel at the last minute.

Just curious if any Platinum has booked using a certificate then cancelled, if the certificate was "saved" and the admin fee was waived?

hnechets Apr 22, 2004 3:50 pm

Normally, I avoid posting something I'm not fairly sure about, but there're flenty of FT folk who will correct me. I know NOTHING about whether or not a NW Plat would be treated differently, but from the email cert NW sent me, it looks like you could change the ticket, but would incur a $100 change fee:

"Changes/Refunds: Once issued, free tickets have no cash value and are
nonrefundable. Changes may be made prior to scheduled flights for $100
administrative service fee. However, any change must meet the conditions of this
program. Changes which are requested after the originally scheduled/ticketed
flight are not permitted and the ticket has no value and will not be replaced.
Ticket will not be replaced if lost or stolen."

Now, what is NOT said is if the ticket has to be exchanged for another K fare ticket...but I'm pretty sure it does. If this is so, you might have difficulty finding one closer to your date of travel. I know I am having a devil of a time finding anything <6 weeks out!

Anyway, good luck!

Standby4321 Apr 22, 2004 7:08 pm

If I'm reading you correctly, you are having trouble booking a ticket less than six weeks out. Are you talking about six weeks out from NOW?

"Travel must commence on or after September 1, 2004 and all travel must be completed by June 15, 2005."

That puts the EARLIEST possible date for travel to commence at almost 20 weeks out from now.

hnechets Apr 22, 2004 7:33 pm

"...from the 2003 promotion..."

"Ticketing/Travel period: Tickets must be issued by December 11, 2004. Travel
must commence on or after September 2, 2003 and all travel must be completed by
December 31, 2004."

I think you are looking at this year's 1-2-3-Free promo, not last year's.

Standby4321 Apr 22, 2004 8:24 pm

Emily Litella: "1-2-3 2003?! :confused: Oh, that's very different. Never mind!" :o