Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyclub Lounge in Frankfurt?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, CBP Global Entry
Skyclub Lounge in Frankfurt?

Anyone used the Skyclub Lounge in Frankfurt with their World Club membership? Just looking for feedback, especially whether or not they have showers.

Also, can anyone suggest a good hotel that is close to the airport?. The nearest Hilton is a few miles away, and I don't speak German, so I am somewhat concerned about straying too far from the airport. This trip is a mileage run, so I am not terribly concerned about proximity to tourist hotspots.

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:04 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by emw9000
Anyone used the Skyclub Lounge in Frankfurt with their World Club membership? Just looking for feedback, especially whether or not they have showers.

Also, can anyone suggest a good hotel that is close to the airport?. The nearest Hilton is a few miles away, and I don't speak German, so I am somewhat concerned about straying too far from the airport. This trip is a mileage run, so I am not terribly concerned about proximity to tourist hotspots.

Thanks!

I used this lounge back in December around Christmas time. Its pretty small and consists of two rooms. Smoking and Non-Smoking. There is a limited selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and some small snack items. Other than that.... thats about all there is. It is close to the NW gates though so that is convienient. It is airside but FRA has another security check point that you have to go through before you can get to the gate. To answer your main question, No. They do not have showers.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by emw9000

Thanks!
In the same Terminal there is a Delta Crown Club. As far as I remember, it is one of the nicer ones around. I think they have showers, but I am not 100% sure anymore. Also, I dont know if you are able to access it with the World Club membership.

In the Frankfurt Airport Center there is a Sheraton Hotel. You have to take the inner-airport train to go to Terminal 1 and it is connected to the Terminal building.

There are more hotels close to the airport, connected with a shuttle. I have stayed at a Holiday Inn, a Holiday Inn Express and at a Kempinski. But most likely, there are other Hotels around.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:36 pm

Programs: NW Gold; lifetime WorldClubs
To get into the SkyClub Lounge in FRA, do I just show up with my WorldClubs membership card, or is some kind of invitation needed from the check-in counter?

- Martin
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AviationFan
To get into the SkyClub Lounge in FRA, do I just show up with my WorldClubs membership card, or is some kind of invitation needed from the check-in counter?

- Martin

Card should be fine!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:48 pm
RSW

Programs: NON-REV Extraordinaire. Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta SkyClub
Quick question. I will be traveling to AMS, MUC, and FCO all in one trip. I am currious to know if my WC card will get me in to the lounges at those airports (I am flying coach). The nice lady in DTW WC said yes..... but I want to make sure!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
WC will get you in the KL Crown Lounges @ AMS piers b/c and e/f, the AF "espace affairs" lounge @ CDG T-2E, and "i mosaici" and "le anfore" @ FCO.
Old May 1, 2007, 5:17 am

As the other replies are already older I would be interested to know whether or not it is worth to use the Sky Club or the Delta Crown room Club in FRA?

Is there something to eat, and are there showers in the lounges? How spacy are they?

Thank you very much for your replies!

Sebastian
Old May 1, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I used the Sky Club lounge in FRA Saturday. As already noted, it is pretty small, no showers, your basic liquors (no Canadian whisky ) , limited snacks (cookies, breakfast type bread iirc). Location is only a 30 second walk to the security line at gate E9 for the flight to DTW. It was about 50% full on a Saturday morning with a fully packed outbound A330. Not sure what other flights might have been using the lounge at that time. Decent selection of newspapers, including the USA Today. It is fine if you want a quick drink and a comfy chair to kill a little time before your flight.

You can also use the Delta lounge, but I believe it is by the D gates so it would be a longer (5-10 minute???) walk. I have not tried it though.

I had driven in from Regensburg the night before and stayed at the ArabellaSheraton Am Busing Palais in Offenbach, based on recommendations in the Starwood forum. There is a Sheraton in FRA, but it is very pricy (€260 when I looked). I paid €104 for the Offenbach, plus €16 for underground parking. It was probably 20-25 minutes to FRA with a stop for gas just outside the airport. There is a S-Bahn stop right out front that can take you downtown or to the airport. This could be a good mileage run feature as you can just hop on the S-Bahn to get to/from the hotel. The S-bahn stop was Marktplatz I believe. Search the Starwood forum for "Offenbach" if you want more details.

I would not worry too much about not speaking German. I don't and have no problem getting around or finding someone who does speak English.

As for the question about MUC, a World Club card should get you into Atlantik lounge near the KL gates. I only tried once and they would not accept my temporary (paper) card. There is also a Delta lounge, but it was a confusing maze to find my way to it and I gave up after having to clear passport control twice and exit/re-enter security.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:05 am

Does the SkyClub/CrownRoom still Exist in FRA?

Does the SkyClub/CrownRoom still Exist in FRA? Last time I checked Delta.com, AF was listed as one of their partner longes for FRA but no DL lounge.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:18 am

And yes, there are showers in the SkyClub in FRA, provided the lounge still exists.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Negative. The lounge closed IIRC the 1st of January this year. It was a great little lounge, and not too far of a walk to the gates.

zz
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Delta now uses the JAL lounge. Just show your PM card.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It was a great little lounge, and not too far of a walk to the gates.
It was actually a nice BIG lounge, with showers and food enough to make it a decent arrivals lounge. I'm quite sad to see it go- DL SkyClub membership seems to have been quite devalued by having some of the international lounges go away (along with the domestic devaluations mentioned in other places).
Old Feb 27, 2010, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It was actually a nice BIG lounge, with showers and food enough to make it a decent arrivals lounge. I'm quite sad to see it go- DL SkyClub membership seems to have been quite devalued by having some of the international lounges go away (along with the domestic devaluations mentioned in other places).
The poster was probably mistakenly referring to the former NW contract lounge in FRA, not the former DL Crown Room. NW kept up the contract with the lounge even after joining Skyteam. The contract lounge, while in convenient proximity to the NW gate, was indeed quite small.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 27, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.