Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Who to complain to about a taxi in Stockholm?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who to complain to about a taxi in Stockholm?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:58 am

Data point: I visited the official taxi stand at ARN terminal 5 over the weekend, and all taxies that I observed had fixed prices between SEK 470-675 for ARN-Stockholm.

There are two price stickers on all Stockholm taxis: One mentioning the "comparative price," i.e. a 10 km 15 minute ride. The second sticker is the ARN-Stockholm fixed price.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I was just charged 1886 Sek for a ride to the Hilton in Stockholm from ARN. I wish I had read the above posts before doing this. A few take home points...go to the stand as mentioned (my driver approached me in the baggage claim area). Ask for a fixed price (my driver said "it's all regulated per the meter). We were tired from traveling and didn't expect this in Sweden, it has a really good reputation. We tried to call the number on our receipt and it was out of service. There was no yellow price sticker on the window. The guy was so pleasant, he has his scam down good. The company was called Mimo Taxi. I'll call AMEX once it posts, but I don't have a lot of faith that I can get resolution. Lesson learned.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by donjo
I was just charged 1886 Sek for a ride to the Hilton in Stockholm from ARN. I wish I had read the above posts before doing this. A few take home points...go to the stand as mentioned (my driver approached me in the baggage claim area). Ask for a fixed price (my driver said "it's all regulated per the meter). We were tired from traveling and didn't expect this in Sweden, it has a really good reputation. We tried to call the number on our receipt and it was out of service. There was no yellow price sticker on the window. The guy was so pleasant, he has his scam down good. The company was called Mimo Taxi. I'll call AMEX once it posts, but I don't have a lot of faith that I can get resolution. Lesson learned.
About 7-8 years ago, a taxi driver with a taxi van in a waiting position outside the terminal building tried to get me to pay 2000 SEK from ARN to a place five minutes away from the Hilton. I opened the taxi door before he could start moving and told him to let us and our luggage off because the price he wants is a rip-off. Sadly, I expect he’s had some people pay his rip-off price.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
It doesn't matter where you are in the world, there are plenty of people who like to separate you from your money and you need to take care.

Taxis in Sweden are deregulated, so companies are free to set whatever price they want.
I don't think AMEX are going to help. You paid for a service you received, the fact that you overpaid is not the problem of AMEX.

Here is an article about the situation in English:
https://www.thelocal.se/20090112/16868

I think you will just have to put this one down to experience.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:16 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
my driver approached me in the baggage claim area
To be honest if you get in the car of a random guy walking up to you in any country, you are probably going to be ripped off
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
There should have been a price sticker on the window. In your case, it probably stated a comparison price of 499 SEK. I guess 1886 SEK to the Hilton could still be according to that comparison price, at least if there was some congestion on the roads. In that case you are on your own.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:47 am

I used to live in, and currently travel often to, Stockholm. I only use Taxi Stockholm as they are reputable and generally always available. They will not rip you off. Also they have an app that is similar to Uber. You don’t need to enter you cc info to use the app, just select the pay in car option.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Follow up to my story: I was overcharged (1886 Sek from ARN to the Hilton). I waited until the charge posted on my AMEX. Filled out the online complaint form. Asked for a refund in the amount I was overcharged. AMEX contacted the taxi company but they never replied. The excess portion of the charge was removed. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by speedlog
I used to live in, and currently travel often to, Stockholm. I only use Taxi Stockholm as they are reputable and generally always available. They will not rip you off. Also they have an app that is similar to Uber. You don’t need to enter you cc info to use the app, just select the pay in car option.
Same here. I live in Stockholm. I drive to the airport but I always tell friends/family visiting me to book a taxi with Taxi Stockholm, they monitor your flight and you'll find them waiting for you with a sign with your name as soon as you pass customs. You can book your taxi online as well.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:03 pm

Here's a shot that I got today of one of these "pirate taxis" at ARN. It's parked right outside the exit from terminal 2. This is on a bus stop, so it's actually illegal for the taxi to park there. Unfortunately, since it's immediately outside the exit, it's the first vehicle that people bump into when they exit from the terminal. I believe this specific car didn't have fixed prices, and it will be very expensive to go by the meter into downtown Stockholm.

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: sweden
Ripped off by CDJ Taxi

hi , I was ripped off by a taxi driver whi charged me 2106 kr from arlanda airport to radisson . I have receipt and it says CDJ Taxi , please let me know where I can complaint ?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Snehil Pandey
hi , I was ripped off by a taxi driver whi charged me 2106 kr from arlanda airport to radisson . I have receipt and it says CDJ Taxi , please let me know where I can complaint ?
Which Radisson?

The taxi company may charge some starting fee plus some per-kilometre fee plus some per-hour fee. The fees should be clearly stated on a yellow sticker. The sticker should also state a "comparison price" which is the fee for travelling 10 km in 15 minutes. If the comparison price exceeds 500 kr, then the driver must provide a binding maximum price for your journey. Therefore, the rip-offs often set a price which is just below this limit.

For example, if you set the price to 50 kr/km regardless of how long the trip takes, then the comparison price ends up at exactly 500 kr/km, and so the driver may charge you 2000-2500 kr for a trip from Arlanda to Stockholm without having to provide that binding resolution.

If you didn't pay attention to the taxi company's prices, then you can only complain to yourself; the taxi company did nothing wrong. Many foreigners make the error of entering the first taxi they find without first comparing the prices to those of the other companies.

You can find the official rules here (in Swedish): https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv...ormation-taxi/
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Some person
Which Radisson?

The taxi company may charge some starting fee plus some per-kilometre fee plus some per-hour fee. The fees should be clearly stated on a yellow sticker. The sticker should also state a "comparison price" which is the fee for travelling 10 km in 15 minutes. If the comparison price exceeds 500 kr, then the driver must provide a binding maximum price for your journey. Therefore, the rip-offs often set a price which is just below this limit.

For example, if you set the price to 50 kr/km regardless of how long the trip takes, then the comparison price ends up at exactly 500 kr/km, and so the driver may charge you 2000-2500 kr for a trip from Arlanda to Stockholm without having to provide that binding resolution.

If you didn't pay attention to the taxi company's prices, then you can only complain to yourself; the taxi company did nothing wrong. Many foreigners make the error of entering the first taxi they find without first comparing the prices to those of the other companies.

You can find the official rules here (in Swedish): https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv...ormation-taxi/
Lots of Swedes have made the same error as foreigners. But such people too tend to be those who aren’t local to Stockholm and/or who don’t have a lot of prior experience using taxis in Sweden for personal transport of a non-reimbursable sort where they are paying for the taxis with a personal bank card or cash. Elderly Swedes visiting Stockholm have been hit by this too.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
If your trip was within the yellow area shown here https://www.swedavia.com/globalasset...a/taxiinfo.pdf
the maximum price should have been 675 SEK according to the airport's website.
The website also says that all taxis at the taxi stand have an agreement with Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/tax...486.1353246410

So you could check that CDJ Taxi actually has an agreement with Arlanda Airport to be at the taxi stand, and if not, ask if you should file a police report.
You can contact the airport at [email protected]

Don't expect anything to happen though.

If you google CDJ Taxi you'll see it's a one-man company, owned by a 26-year old. He also seems to live with his parents, so maybe you could give them a call ?

Last edited by ticino; Apr 30, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.