Wiki Posts
Search

Questions About Connecting in ARN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Questions About Connecting in ARN

I'm planning on flying to ARN as an entry to Europe (because theres a really nice low fare on Delta right now) but I'm planning on flying to LHR from there. How do non-schengen to non-schengen connections work at ARN?

When I return (LHR-ARN-JFK), is 1:55 enough time to connect? I'd be arriving on an SAS flight from LHR, and connecting to a Delta flight to JFK. If all else fails, I can probably fly back to ARN the night before, and overnight at an airport hotel (they seem to be very inexpensive) at the expense of an entire day of activities in London.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I swear Arlanda airport's website had a page about connecting flights, but maybe they removed it.

Pretty sure you're going to arrive and leave in the F-pier in T5. I'm just not sure whether you need to clear passport control prior to going to your DL flight (which shouldn't take too long, I hope).
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

I've decided to overnight in the ARN area the night before, just in case of delays that would cause me to miss my connection.
sydunipete likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:59 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by diburning
I've decided to overnight in the ARN area the night before, just in case of delays that would cause me to miss my connection.
Would you consider staying at Jumbo hotel?
https://www.jumbostay.com/rooms/suites/

I tried. It was quite a nice experience.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I'm booked in it!
royng likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:45 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
I'm booked in it!
How's the stay? Just curious
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:01 am
Original Poster

I stayed in the ensuite room which had its own bathroom. The whole place smells mildly of sewage due to the plumbing (which seems to be a common theme in Stockholm as the airport restrooms and the other hotel I stayed at also smelled the same). There's no climate/temperature control in the room. No food options nearby although there's an airport bus route that operates around the clock.

Neat for a one night stay, but definitely not worth a longer stay than that.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
No food options nearby although there's an airport bus route that operates around the clock.
The nearby Radisson Blue Arlanda hotel has a restaurant and bar that I've eaten at while staying at the Jumbo Stay and Forenom airport hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.