Norway in September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norway in September

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Norway in September

Is mid September a bad time to go to Bergen and do Norway in a Nutshell?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:44 pm

I don't think so. The temperatures in Bergen and Flĺm are not to bad, and the mountains might have gotten the fall colors. And with less crowds.

I had a perfect bike on the Rallarvegen between Finse and Flĺm one year in September, warm and sunny. Of course we could have gotten rain and fog instead, but that is also true for the summer.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:54 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Weather can be hit or miss, but so can it be in July. Do note that this is definitely not high season in Norway. Many attractions could be closed, or have restricted opening hours, so do check. The general rule, is that anything that also caters to locals (hotels, restaurants, transportation, museums in towns/larer villages) will be open, but sometimes with shorter opening hours/ fewer departures.

I do quite a lot of year-round business travel in some of the most touristed areas in Norway, including Aurland (the municipality to which Flĺm belongs) and the neighbouring municipalities of Vik, Ĺrdal and Sogndal). Obviously, I don't do many museums or stave churchs, but there is no problem getting necessary travel and services. Oh: and do note that hotels especially in smaller places might be fully booked by workers.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I am flying into BGO from London. Would it be better to fly via OSL or SVG on SAS or via AMS on KLM? OSL and AMS have more frequency from LHR and to BGO, but SVG is a smaller airport that is easier to navigate it seems. Norwegian seems to risky even though it is direct from LGW.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:35 pm

Why do you think Norwegian is too risky? I would be more worried with SAS right now
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mooncity
Why do you think Norwegian is too risky? I would be more worried with SAS right now
all the horror stories
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:38 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by slickvik
I am flying into BGO from London. Would it be better to fly via OSL or SVG on SAS or via AMS on KLM? OSL and AMS have more frequency from LHR and to BGO, but SVG is a smaller airport that is easier to navigate it seems. Norwegian seems to risky even though it is direct from LGW.
WF has a direct flight LHR-BGO, but they are not too reliable (but good at handling iregularities). KLM is a mess at Schiphol this year. SAS will probably run as normal again in September. I'd still go for the direct DY if the timing suits. The current DY (i.e. without intercontinental routes) is reasonably well run, and that on some very demanding routes operationally (as SK and WF): all-year domestic routes in Norway.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ksu
WF has a direct flight LHR-BGO, but they are not too reliable (but good at handling iregularities). KLM is a mess at Schiphol this year. SAS will probably run as normal again in September. I'd still go for the direct DY if the timing suits. The current DY (i.e. without intercontinental routes) is reasonably well run, and that on some very demanding routes operationally (as SK and WF): all-year domestic routes in Norway.
I booked WF. Good timing and same price as DY (google flights doesn't show same price as WF website). Let's see what happens.
ksu likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ksu
took WF, it was fine. In retrospect should’ve booked DY to not lose a day to travel as WF was an evening flight.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Is mid September a bad time to go to Bergen and do Norway in a Nutshell?
How did you find Norway in September? We're planning on going in the latter half of this September.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SweetTRex
How did you find Norway in September? We're planning on going in the latter half of this September.
Was fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.