Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schengen Visa for Sweden from Ireland

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Schengen Visa for Sweden from Ireland

Hello, I am trying to help a friend of mine, who is from Sierra Leone, travel to ireland and then to Sweden, for a short visits to see friends.

To apply for a Schengen Visa for Sweden my friend would have to travel from Sierra Leone to Nigeria, probably twice (once to submit application, once to pick up, I’m told of a month process time). So we are looking for other options.

We have the Ireland tourist visa process sorted. But what I’m hoping is that once she is in ireland, she can then apply for a Schengen visa to visit Sweden. She would then return back to Sierra Leone. There is no Swedish consulate in ireland, but assume there must be some process to submit this application.

I know this a very specific situation, but grateful to anyone with any advice!

Many Thanks
Emily
Old May 20, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by e.m.i.l.y
We have the Ireland tourist visa process sorted. But what I’m hoping is that once she is in ireland, she can then apply for a Schengen visa to visit Sweden. She would then return back to Sierra Leone. There is no Swedish consulate in ireland, but assume there must be some process to submit this application.
According to this page, it is possible to apply for a Swedish Schengen visa at the Danish embassy in Dublin. A Swedish embassy seems to be opening in 2023.

Check rules for being in possession of a return ticket. If the passenger has tickets for Sierra Leone-Ireland-Sweden-Sierra Leone but doesn't have a Schengen visa, then Ireland maybe thinks that the passenger doesn't have a valid return ticket.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Im a new user
According to this page, it is possible to apply for a Swedish Schengen visa at the Danish embassy in Dublin. A Swedish embassy seems to be opening in 2023.

Check rules for being in possession of a return ticket. If the passenger has tickets for Sierra Leone-Ireland-Sweden-Sierra Leone but doesn't have a Schengen visa, then Ireland maybe thinks that the passenger doesn't have a valid return ticket.
Thanks so much for directing me to this page, I’ve written them an email. Also good advice on the return ticket, I’ll have a think about that.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Just to update on this situation, I received the following email back from the Embassy of Denmark in Ireland (I wrote them on Friday night and received reply Monday morning):
“In order to apply for a visa to visit Denmark/Norway/Iceland/Sweden, you will have to submit an online applicatin from this site https://irland.um.dk/en/travel-and-r...ply-for-a-visa .

Once you have filled out the online application, you can book an appointment online with the VFS Global. Here you will have to have your biometrics taken and submitting your documents

If you have trouble booking an appointment, you can contact the VFS Global

Where to hand in your visa application
700 South Circular Road, Dublin 8 (Vistatec House).
+353 1 571 2506
[email protected]
https://www.vfsglobal.com/Denmark/Ireland/

Booking an appointment at VFS:
Please go here to book an appointment at the VAC.

1. Go to the linked website
2. Log in with your credentials (or register as a new user)
3. Complete the appointment booking process
4. You will receive an appointment confirmation e-mail with your Appointment Letter attached as a PDF.

NB: You will not be able to get an appointment sooner than the next time available unless there are unforeseen and serious circumstances. If it is an emergency, please contact the Embassy directly

When everything has been submitted, you should expect your visa within 15 days.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.