Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Norway No Quarantine for Fully Vaccinated Travelers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

Their website is all over the place but seems to suggest that fully vaccinated travelers (maybe from just the EU?) no longer need to quarantine, in a designated hotel or at home?

Looks like they still aren't admitting anyone besides Norwegian citizens or reisdents however, based on what I've read? Any ideas if that may change soon now that Denmark has reopened?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:54 am

They clearly write that tourists can't come to norway. Just if u get your vaccination in Norway and travel abroad, you don't have to stay at quarantaine hotel on your return.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:36 am

Norway is testing the EU digital certificate to come online July 1st. Still no word on how it will apply to people from outside the EU. I have flights arriving in Norway August 11, so hopefully sorted by then!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I have no plans this year, but would like to visit next summer.

regjeringen.no/en: The coronavirus situation
https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics...-19/id2692388/
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by rstruthe
Norway is testing the EU digital certificate to come online July 1st. Still no word on how it will apply to people from outside the EU. I have flights arriving in Norway August 11, so hopefully sorted by then!
As far as I understand, norwegian people still have to go to quarantaine even if they are vaccinated, but they don't have to stay in quarantaine hotel and can spend their quarantaine at home. So it's still very unlikely, that they will let tourists in without any quarantaine.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Their website is all over the place but seems to suggest that fully vaccinated travelers (maybe from just the EU?) no longer need to quarantine, in a designated hotel or at home?

Looks like they still aren't admitting anyone besides Norwegian citizens or reisdents however, based on what I've read? Any ideas if that may change soon now that Denmark has reopened?
Unless already having been considered admissible into Norway during part of this pandemic, I would not yet count on the timing or even sustainability of a more general opening to general visitors by Norway. Norway’s daily new cases are well below the worst of its peaks during the pandemic, but they are still close to their highest level prior to October 15, 2020. The difference now is that they have a vaccination campaign underway, so they seem more inclined to opening now than they were last year.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:21 pm

As far as I can read, Poland is now a green country to Norway, meaning anyone can enter from Poland without quarantine.
Poland is opened to Canada and US vaccinated travellers.
It looks like you may still need to find somewhere to get an EU pass, but from everywhere i can read, if you can get a flight directly from Warsaw to Oslo, you can enter without trouble.
Anyone have a different interpertation?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by rstruthe
As far as I can read, Poland is now a green country to Norway, meaning anyone can enter from Poland without quarantine.
Poland is opened to Canada and US vaccinated travellers.
It looks like you may still need to find somewhere to get an EU pass, but from everywhere i can read, if you can get a flight directly from Warsaw to Oslo, you can enter without trouble.
Anyone have a different interpertation?
Well UDI (border guard) state:
https://www.udi.no/en/about-the-coro...ns/#link-19824

Foreigners from green areas in the EU/EEA and Schengen

If you live in a green area, you can travel to Norway if you have only stayed in green areas for the last 10 days before entering Norway. You must be able to prove that you live in a green area.
Now whether there is actually immigration control, I'm not sure. Next flight to OSL (from Green country) is next week. But it does state you must live in a green area, as well as remain in a green area 10 days prior.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:44 pm

Canada is a green area as of July 3, currently my flight lands in CPH and I was going to take the ferry. If Denmark doesn’t become green then I’ll change my flight to go straight to OSL.
Denmark has a high vaccination rate so I assume it will be green soon.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:38 pm

There is immigration control of all international flights at Norwegian airports, and they're very strict. I did a transfer at OSL a few days ago, IST-OSL-ARN, and I spent a whole hour in line for passport control just to transfer to another flight, and I'm a citizen. The line for foreigners was much longer. The waiting area was a sardine can, and the airport authorities have warned that by the middle of July, they'll have so many incoming passengers that some may be forced to wait for up to six hours before reaching passport control.

Both Denmark and Canada are considered red areas today, but they will probably become green when new rules are adopted on 5 July.

As of today, the official information says that among those that cannot enter, are tourists and foreign nationals holding a Schengen visa.

Some exceptions are listed on https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics...way/id2791503/
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
The waiting area was a sardine can, and the airport authorities have warned that by the middle of July, they'll have so many incoming passengers that some may be forced to wait for up to six hours before reaching passport control.
I guess situation will be better at the smaller airports? I have a flight to Trondheim mid july. Will have a 6 hour layover there, but waiting in a queue for the whole time, just to get my european vaccine certificate checked, would be annoying. Btw. how can I proof, that I spend the last 10 days in my european home country?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 31570324
I guess situation will be better at the smaller airports? I have a flight to Trondheim mid july. Will have a 6 hour layover there, but waiting in a queue for the whole time, just to get my european vaccine certificate checked, would be annoying. Btw. how can I proof, that I spend the last 10 days in my european home country?
They likely will take your word at face value when coming from and using a passport and/or other travel document issued by a Schengen country.

I guess you could take a photo everyday for 10+ days with a major newspaper in front of a place that is obviously in the country from which your are coming.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I guess you could take a photo everyday for 10+ days with a major newspaper in front of a place that is obviously in the country from which your are coming.
You can buy european newspaper all over the world, so it wouldn't prove anything ;-)
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:43 am

The Norwegian government has now announced which rules will apply from 5 July.

The following European countries and islands will become green: Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, France, Faroe Islands, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Vatican, Austria, Madeira, the Ionian Islands, Crete, the northern Aegean Islands, Sardinia, Sicily, and Corsica. Greenland and Iceland are already green.

Most Swedish, Danish, and Finnish regions will be green with the exception of Blekinge, Jonkoping, Kalmar, and Kainuu (orange), Kronoberg, Norrbotten, Varmland, and Copenhagen (red).

Andorra, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the Canary Islands will remain red.

Ireland, Cyprus, Latvia, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, the Balearic Islands, and the southern Aegean Islands, will be orange.

Eleven other "third countries" will be designated purple: Australia, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Serbia, South Korea, Taiwan, USA, Singapore. Travelers from these 11 countries will face the same restrictions as travelers from red countries, except that you can quarantine at home for 10 days. If you don't own a home, or if you arrive from a red country, you'll have to stay in a quarantine hotel.

The main rule is still that most residents of third countries cannot enter Norway.

As I understand it, only residents of green countries can come to Norway for any purpose. Residents of orange, red, purple, and other third countries, cannot visit for purposes of leisure.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
As I understand it, only residents of green countries can come to Norway for any purpose. Residents of orange, red, purple, and other third countries, cannot visit for purposes of leisure.
Even they've have a digital vaccination certificate? As far as I understand it doesn't matter if a EU citizen come from a red, orange or green EU country, as long as he is vaccinated, he can enter without quarantaine. Am I wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.