Wiki Posts
Search

4 or 5 Star Copenhagen Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
4 or 5 Star Copenhagen Hotels

Looking for ideas on the "best" hotels in Copenhagen. Looking for location (central to downtown sites and activities) breakfast and lounge benefits for higher end room levels, maybe balcony suites. Stuff like that.

Thinking hotels like Waldorf Astoria, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton types...

TIA!!!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Check out the Nobus. It’s five star. We enjoyed it
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Nobis is popular.

Nimb, Villa Copenhagen, 71 Nyhavn, Hotel D’Angleterre, and Hotel Sanders are others which you may want to consider.
BlueZebra and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Wondering if anyone has an update on this? Staying in July or August, reports of no AC at the NImb?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yaromac
Wondering if anyone has an update on this? Staying in July or August, reports of no AC at the NImb?
A/C is not wide-spread in northern Europe. But that hotel list quoted earlier still stands, perhaps with the addition of NH Collection and the boutique Hotel Ottilia in the old buildings of the Carlsberg brewery.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Curious if anyone has stayed at the Villa Copenhagen. We are considering if for our March holiday.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sonomawine
Curious if anyone has stayed at the Villa Copenhagen. We are considering if for our March holiday.
What would you like to know about it?

I stay there, and it’s one of my preferred Copenhagen hotels. But I am usually only doing one-night stays when at hotels in Copenhagen.

I used the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts rates to stay there this year, and they provided the Amex FHR benefits as well as the the benefits of my status in the Nordic Choice Club program. [The Amex FHR rates are available for booking by Amex Platinum/Centurion cardholders.]
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:36 am

Stayed at Villa Copenhagen 2 nights in August. It's a large and very busy hotel, but the room, amenities, and location were great. Would stay there again. +1 on using FHR for discount and property credits.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goatcheese
Stayed at Villa Copenhagen 2 nights in August. It's a large and very busy hotel, but the room, amenities, and location were great. Would stay there again. +1 on using FHR for discount and property credits.
The FHR rate seems to include 45 minutes of complimentary pool use, breakfast, a 640 DKK dining credit, and 4pm check-out along with an upgrade from the room-type booked. [I credit the stays to Nordic Choice Club, and they layer on my Nordic Choice Club Platinum benefits on top -- and so it's also the 6 pm check-out for me and the Platinum voucher for courtyard bar use.] The pool use needs to be booked, as they definitely want to cap the number of users at any given time. And they also generally want breakfast to be booked in advance too.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
A/C is not wide-spread in northern Europe. But that hotel list quoted earlier still stands, perhaps with the addition of NH Collection and the boutique Hotel Ottilia in the old buildings of the Carlsberg brewery.
We stayed at Villa Copenhagen recently and NH Collection a week ago, and it's frustratingly impossible to come by someone who speaks Danish. Most of all, I was irritated some years ago when Hotel Opera closed and Hotel Sanders opened around the corner from the Royal Theatre.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:51 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on Villa Copenhagen vs Skt Petri as far as hotels and location goes? Trying to decide on a hotel during our summer stay so the pool at Villa is intriguing but not a must have.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by foodie22
Anyone have any thoughts on Villa Copenhagen vs Skt Petri as far as hotels and location goes? Trying to decide on a hotel during our summer stay so the pool at Villa is intriguing but not a must have.
I have stayed at both. As for hotel and location, the tourist in me would say Villa Copenhagen, while the Scandinavian in me prefers Skt. Petri.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I have stayed at both. As for hotel and location, the tourist in me would say Villa Copenhagen, while the Scandinavian in me prefers Skt. Petri.
Would you stay at both again? Can’t decide between either - they both seem like nice hotels but Skt Petri seems more local/neighborhoody which I like. Villa just seems like a nice hotel. Probably won’t be going to Tivoli so that’s less of a factor. And the fact that they’re both close to metro stations is a plus.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by foodie22
Would you stay at both again? Can’t decide between either - they both seem like nice hotels but Skt Petri seems more local/neighborhoody which I like. Villa just seems like a nice hotel. Probably won’t be going to Tivoli so that’s less of a factor. And the fact that they’re both close to metro stations is a plus.
They are like a 15-20 minute walk apart from each other. It’s nicer to stay around the University than next to the main train station, but I get more value for my money out of stays at Villa Copenhagen than at Skt Petri nowadays.
foodie22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.