Search

Landside Transit in Oslo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Landside Transit in Oslo

HI,

I have a flight to from LHR to SIN via a 4hour transit in Oslo In september. What are the rules on a landside transit now that arrivals into Norway from the UK have to quarantine? I have hold baggage and i'm on separate ticket. I've looked around Flyertalk and Visitnorway but can't find anything covering this. Presumably hand baggage would be ok but i really need to check a bag in if possible. Any help gratefully received

Last edited by MrCheapSeats; Aug 31, 2020 at 7:24 am Reason: make clearer
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:45 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
You will need to pick up the luggage at the carousel and go to check in to check in for the next flight, all the while hoping that there are no issues with your LHR - OSL flight.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I should have made my query clearer. Norway needs me to quarantine but i'm leaving immediately. What happens in this situation? Are you dragged off to quarantine and miss your flight or can you transit?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:50 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I will leave that to someone more knowledgeable...

I hope separate tickets won't cause an issue. Are you flying into OSL from LHR? You could ask perhaps whether they would check in the bags for the LHR - SIN at LHR...
Old Aug 31, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: LH,ITA,BA Silver,AY Gold
Hope this helps, from avinor.no the airport operator:

Arriving from an international destination and departing with an international flight

Please follow the connecting flights signs by arrivals and find your next departure by looking at the flight information screens, then proceed directly to your gate. If your luggage is not already checked in to your next destination, please collect it in the arrivals hall and re-check your luggage.

Arriving from non-Schengen and departing to a non-Schengen country

Please follow the connecting flights signs by arrivals and find your next departure by looking at the flight information screens, then proceed directly to your gate. If your luggage is not already checked in to your next destination, please collect it in the arrivals hall and re-check your luggage.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by miandrew
Hope this helps, from avinor.no the airport operator:
I think those are the destructions for normal times and assume the passenger can cross the border and enter Norway.

You can airside transit, but it is my understanding the moment you cross the border as a UK resident you need to quarantine. The it's the OPs luggage that is not checked through that is going to be the big problem here. I think you need to try to contact the Norwegian Embassy or immigration at OSL and ask their advice.

Also note that although there is an airside inter-terminal transit procedure at OSL, it's hardly slick or efficient, and the immigration counters for transit are staffed irregularly and the inter terminal buses run quite infrequently. In normal times, people doing the T5 - T2 shuffle between BA and QR report that it's usually much quicker to go landside and walk.

I would have been in a similar predicament for an ex-EU from OSL in the next week or so, but thankfully I have been able to cancel my flights. Phew!
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
How does OSL feature on a LHR-SIN? Are you starting exEU in OSL?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
You'll be fine to a certain extent:

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuel...ce2/id2724928/
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

'Non-residents are still able to transit via Norwegian airports as long as the final destination is not within Norway, but please check with your airline before departing.'

It may or may not be an issue, however carry on your onward ticket with you just to be safe on paper. The only thing that might make things difficult is if your onward travels is changed/ cancelled I suppose.

Last edited by cvm0093; Aug 31, 2020 at 4:19 pm Reason: Incorrect Info
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cvm0093
You'll be fine https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...ay/coronavirus

Travel is unrestricted in Norway at the moment so you can land yourself and depart without issue.

There is no current need to self isolate there unless it changes prior to your departure date.

Happy Travels!
??

on the Entry requirements page it very clearly states 10 days quarantine is required.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
??

on the Entry requirements page it very clearly states 10 days quarantine is required.
Indeed, misread the info there!
Old Aug 31, 2020, 5:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please follow this thread as it moves to the Nordic Region forum

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
If you can go hand luggage only, and just ship whatever you had wanted to check in to your baggage might be an easier solution...
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:36 am

https://helsenorge.no/coronavirus/fo...lers-to-norway
For stays shorter than 10 days, you still need to provide documentation for the days you are staying in Norway.
So yes you can enter for less than 10 days, but you won't be there for a day so you can just explain at the border if questioned... But last week the e-gates were open and I didn't speak to anyone. However, the assumption is you are an EU/EEA citizen/resident (if you are non-EU/EEA citizen/resident then please disregard my post, I do not believe you can enter)
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

LHR-OSL-DOH-SIN Booked long before covid!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to ditch the check in baggage and just stay airside. Thanks for the advice but i'm going to play it safe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.