Reload this Page >

Traveling to Denmark on June 18,

Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines

Good afternoon -

I am trying to fly to CPH on June 18 to see my partner "under the worthy cause rule" issued by Danish Government. Couple of questions please:
A) Does this rule apply for Americans ( I reside in NYC), and B) If yes, what type of documentation do you need as a proof.

Thank you!
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
I would advise you to contact the Danish Embassy in the US for this matter. There you should get the most accurate info.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ZaneH
Good afternoon -

I am trying to fly to CPH on June 18 to see my partner "under the worthy cause rule" issued by Danish Government. Couple of questions please:
A) Does this rule apply for Americans ( I reside in NYC), and B) If yes, what type of documentation do you need as a proof.

Thank you!
You will have to try to convince the airline to permit you to fly. That will be the first obstacle encountered.

The second obstacle will be to convince the Schengen port of entry authorities to admit you into the Schengen area.

And if that port of entry into the Schengen area is not CPH, then you will encounter a third obstacle: convincing the Danish police on arrival into Denmark to permit you entry.

https://politi.dk/en/coronavirus-in-...d-from-denmark
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I would advise you to postpone your travel plans.

You are unlikely to be allowed to into the country and visitors from NYC/US or other high risk areas are no welcome here now.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
You may want to look at the rules taking effect today by reading sources such as the following.

https://dk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...9-information/
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/ny...-boern-med-ind
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Good afternoon -

Thank you!
The rules are changing almost every day now it seems, but as of now the answer is "no" according to the Danish Police website. The rule only applies to residents of EU countries, other Schengen countries and the UK. The exception is if your partner is seriously ill or dying.
https://politi.dk/en/coronavirus-in-...d-from-denmark

As for documentation, your partner should (under the penalty of perjury) fill out this form for you to bring with you - but this is currently not relevant as the rule does not apply to US residents: https://politi.dk/-/media/mediefiler...91A9537A50BD6E
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
A big deal starting today is that foreign spouses, partners and children of Danish citizens constitute a worthy cause.

So if my wife is a Danish citizen living in the U.S. and I am her American husband, we can enter Denmark today and need no particular reason for being there such as essential business.

If I am her partner, I believe official documentation needs to show that we reside at the same address.

I take it that you as a New York resident are allowed to board a plane.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
A big deal starting today is that foreign spouses, partners and children of Danish citizens constitute a worthy cause.

So if my wife is a Danish citizen living in the U.S. and I am her American husband, we can enter Denmark today and need no particular reason for being there such as essential business.

If I am her partner, I believe official documentation needs to show that we reside at the same address.

I take it that you as a New York resident are allowed to board a plane.
This is correct. But from my understanding, his partner lives in Copenhagen and he lives in NYC. They are thus not "live-in partners" and he would not be allowed into Denmark under this rule.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Good afternoon -

Thank you!
I don't believe anything has changed in terms of letting you in to Denmark at the moment, and for the foreseeable future.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 6:45 am

The rules are changing again. From June 27th you will be able to enter with the documentation I linked above, plus a documented negative COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours before the time you enter Denmark.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:42 pm
Suspended

I don't know for sure so I don't want to make you go wrong. It's always better to ask people who are pro's in this kind of topic. So try to ask someone from danish embassy. I remember when I had a tour packages in India I had some problems with my baggage...Me and my friend visited Kumaon. The trip was very fascinating and interesting. We had great time there. And on the back trip to USA the airport forgot to put my baggage in the plane. I have lost so much nerves because there was not only my clothes but also really important stuff. Fortunately, they found my baggage and sent it to USA. Despite this I will travel to India again to visit Delhi and Taj Mahal. I hope they won't loose my baggage again.

Last edited by RoseParr; Jan 6, 2021 at 9:58 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.