Reload this Page >

Coronavirus in Sweden

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Arlanda T4 will supposedly reopen in June.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is nothing much I like about T4@ARN reopening ..... other than that it should come with the security screening line there reopenin, and that it may ease up a bit of the screening mess elsewhere at ARN.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is nothing much I like about T4@ARN reopening ..... other than that it should come with the security screening line there reopenin, and that it may ease up a bit of the screening mess elsewhere at ARN.
...or make it worse. The problem with security is the lack of staff and I don't see how opening a new security checkpoint will help.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:35 am
Suspended

Yes, it could also make it worse at times. That said, consolidation/limiting screening checkpoints at ARN and the mess that has followed for me at times this year with getting airside at ARN has not been as much a consequence of a lack of people to staff the checkpoints as its has been a consequence of the airport's unwillingness to have all the checkpoints' equipment staffed in full . Even if it were otherwise, the messes have been due to a lack of will by the airport to open up as much as possible; it's not been for a lack of people to employ. What's not been lacking has been the airport owner/operator's will to go cheap with the security screening checkpoints and let the pain of such cheapness to fall on the passengers. Unfortunately, that's nothing new when it comes to airports.

Every SAS hub airport that has moved to more centralized/consolidated checkpoints within the past 20 years has been done in the name of "efficiency" -- efficiency for the airport owner/operators rather than for passengers like me. That airport-pursued "efficiency" allows for the airport owner/operator to lower its costs per passenger processed at the screening checkpoints but it does me no general good in terms of disappearing the crowded security screening areas at ARN. And the airport seems more of a mess now than it was at this time in 2019. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this year at ARN compares to what it was like with security screening checkpoints there before the pandemic, but as of now it looks like more passengers should be looking to pay up money to use priority security screening lines than before the pandemic in Sweden; that or plan to pay up more in time at ARN security screening checkpoints.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
as of now it looks like more passengers should be looking to pay up money to use priority security screening lines than before the pandemic in Sweden; that or plan to pay up more in time at ARN security screening checkpoints.
How do you pay to use priority in the Nordic Region (other than elite status and higher fare class)? I’m so spoiled in the US getting Global Entry/TSA PreCheck and Clear by way of credit cards.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vanillabean
How do you pay to use priority in the Nordic Region (other than elite status and higher fare class)? I’m so spoiled in the US getting Global Entry/TSA PreCheck and Clear by way of credit cards.
The Amex Platinum/Centurion card gives fast track security screening privileges at some Nordic airports — ARN being the one where I am most often still doing so.

One or more airlines maybe still sells CPH Express fast track service access even to its passengers on discount economy class tickets without regard to airline frequent flyer program status?
Old May 6, 2022, 6:32 am
Suspended

A sign that the pandemic hit to tourist traffic in Sweden must be at its end: the hop-on-hop-off tourist buses in Stockholm are again annoying locals in the 2019 ways.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
From this morning’s Danish Politiken email:

Covid-19 femte hyppigste dødsårsag i Sverige sidste år

I Sverige viser en ny opgørelse fra landets socialstyrelse, at covid-19 var den femte hyppigste dødsårsag sidste år. 5.319 personer døde af sygdommen i løbet af 2021, hvor covid-19 var den tredje mest hyppige dødsårsag blandt de svenske mænd og den syvende hyppigste blandt kvinderne.

De to mest almindelige dødsårsager blandt både mænd og kvinder var hjerte-kar-sygdomme, der krævede omkring 27.500 liv, og kræft, som tog livet af over 23.000 mennesker, skriver Ritzau.

I 2020, hvor corona ramte, og vacciner endnu ikke var tilgængelige, var covid-19 den tredje mest hyppige dødsårsag i Sverige.
Enjoy the summer. Has a Covid strategy for the winter been mentioned?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by vanillabean
From this morning’s Danish Politiken email:

Enjoy the summer. Has a Covid strategy for the winter been mentioned?
What do you think 🤣? Denmark has just announced theirs so I guess the Swedish one will be out in 2 weeks time.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
What do you think 🤣? Denmark has just announced theirs so I guess the Swedish one will be out in 2 weeks time.
Since Sweden is going deeper and deeper into vacation mode, maybe it will take longer?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Does anyone have a good suggestion for articles or resources that discuss covid and education in Sweden. Will also start with my friend Google, but maybe someone has good suggestions.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Does anyone have a good suggestion for articles or resources that discuss covid and education in Sweden. Will also start with my friend Google, but maybe someone has good suggestions.
https://www.covid19skola.se/
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Perhaps you can try looking up Folkhälsoinstitutet. Hope this helps!
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
When you mention Covid and education together, what kind of things are you looking for?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
When you mention Covid and education together, what kind of things are you looking for?
How the impact on school children is viewed during and after the pandemic. Sweden never closed the primary schools, with a view on the social and educational impact, most other countries did with a stronger focus on society and health impacts. How that is being assessed looking backwards?
​​​​​​
​​​​​
GUWonder and LETTERBOY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.