Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The following restrictions will be removed next week:

-Indoor events of 20-50 people must be seated, with max 8 per group and one metre between groups
-Vaccination pass needed for indoor events with more than 50 attendees
-Trade shows and markets indoors must require a vaccine pass if they have more than 50 guests, and number of guests is capped at 500, with 10 square metres per person
-Restaurants must close at 11pm, with alcohol serving ending at 10.30pm
-Groups at restaurants may consist of a maximum of eight people, with a minimum of one metre between groups
-Restaurants with conserts or other entertainment may only have seated guests
-Maximum of 20 people at private parties in hired venues
-Shops must have a maximum number of guests permitted, calculated on area with 10 square metres per person – this also applies to gyms, museums, art galleries, theme parks and swimming pools
-Long-distance public transport: all travellers must have a seat, if possible

In addition to this, special recommendations for those who have not yet been vaccinated will remain, as well as recommendations to stay home when sick, or if you suspect you may have Covid-19.
Sweden to lift nearly all Covid-19 restrictions next week
https://feeds.thelocal.com/app/ios/a...-february-9th/
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
But the announcement does not talk about Transit Passengers from Non EU countries.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
But the announcement does not talk about Transit Passengers from Non EU countries.
The border control stuff comes from a different mix of authorities. When is your anticipated trip to Sweden?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The border control stuff comes from a different mix of authorities. When is your anticipated trip to Sweden?

April 1, transit only but have to check in to Singapore airlines flight in ARN
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:32 am
Suspended

If I had to put my money at risk, I would assume Sweden would be open again to Canadian visitors by then.
djjaguar64 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I had to put my money at risk, I would assume Sweden would be open again to Canadian visitors by then.

So I spoke to the SQ office ib CPH they are willing to route me from CPH to SIN(instead of ARN to SIN) and on the way back SIN to ARN(April 10) of course with a fare difference. I am weighing the option right now.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
What was your original routing? Was it directly from Canada to Stockholm?

Border restrictions remain the same for the time being but I do have high hopes for them going away by the end of March. It doesn't make much sense to keep border restrictions when everything else has been removed and covid will no longer be classified as a dangerous disease.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:52 am
Suspended

So I spoke to the SQ office ib CPH they are willing to route me from CPH to SIN(instead of ARN to SIN) and on the way back SIN to ARN(April 10) of course with a fare difference. I am weighing the option right now.
If the fare difference means having to pay more money to the airline for a ticket change and this was my situation, I would just wait it out. Sweden is jumpy when it comes to the border control, so what applies today will almost certainly not be a copy of what goes on then. And if it does not change, then who knows where things are with CPH then.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the810
What was your original routing? Was it directly from Canada to Stockholm?

Border restrictions remain the same for the time being but I do have high hopes for them going away by the end of March. It doesn't make much sense to keep border restrictions when everything else has been removed and covid will no longer be classified as a dangerous disease.

There is no non stop from YYZ to ARN, so I booked an award ticket YYZ-LHR-ARN.
Then
ARN-SIN
SIN-ARN (overnight)

ARN-MUC-ATH (Aegean Airlines)
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:45 am

I'm pretty much in the same boat - travelling from Australia but will be in the UK and the EU for a month before I hit Sweden....wonder if I will have any issues...
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cancelled Apr 1 departure from ARN and changed to CPH. The return from SIN is still into ARN on Apr 10 which gives us time to see if the transit laws will allow CAD pp holders transit in Sweden. Cost 7206 SEK each.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:45 am
Suspended

So what's with all the major train disruptions today in southern Sweden? Covid-19-driven staffing absences causing disruptions to the rail infrastructure operations?

With Sweden having 20-30 Covid-19 deaths reported per day over the last 30 days -- with no let-up -- sicknesses must be at pretty high level in the country for that to be the case.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 4, 2022 at 10:55 am
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
With Sweden having 20-30 Covid-19 deaths reported per day over the last 30 days -- with no let-up -- sicknesses must be at pretty high level in the country for that to be the case.
Unscientificly, yes pretty high. In previus waves it was rare to know of anyone sick. This time, "everyone you know" is or has been sick.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition
Unscientificly, yes pretty high. In previus waves it was rare to know of anyone sick. This time, "everyone you know" is or has been sick.
I don't know about how rare it was to know someone who was sick with Covid-19. I knew of lots of people who were sick with Covid-19 in Sweden in each and every wave, and that's even as I'm not Swedish. [Most of those persons infected in earlier waves are not typically viewed as being of immigrant backgrounds.]

Along with Omicron ripping wild across the country and there just being a lot more reported cases in a concentrated period this time than ever before it, what has also changed is that people who were trying to keep their own sickness or that of others in their household/social circle on the down low are no longer doing so in the way they were doing so before. Maybe being sick with Covid-19 has just become perceived as being less stigmatized in Sweden than it was earlier?

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 4, 2022 at 11:57 am
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I don't know about how rare it was to know someone who was sick with Covid-19.
Ouch! One in four in Denmark have tested positive for Covid. Throughout the pandemic, but mostly within the last two months.

Siden omikrons indtog er over en million blevet smittet i Danmark
https://sermitsiaq.ag/node/235017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.