Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Transfer at Oslo - non-connecting flights

Old Jan 12, 20, 7:10 am
Original Poster

I will be travelling through OSL on 15 June and I need to pick up a flight to get me back to London.

QR175 from DOH is due to land at 1315. I know I'll need to land, collect luggage and check it back in again so how long should I allow for that?

Options seem to be SAS at 1535 or 1730, or BA at 1735. Would I have enough time to make it to the earlier SAS flight?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:20 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
QR should check your bags through to a BA flight but not sure if they would do it for an SK flight.

I don't see any SK flight at 1535 on 15 June? There is one at 1505 which would be difficult to make with needing to recheck baggage.

There is also an SK one-stop option at 1615, connecting at SVG which costs NOK 603 with a bag... much cheaper than direct and still getting in before the BA flight.

If the BA flight has avios availability maybe you are willing to book it as a backup or just wait 3 hours.
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Probably a typo on my part re the 1500-hour flight.

I didn't think BA would through check from QR when the itineraries are not linked?

The QR flight has been booked for a few months, just working out my positioning flights from/to London.

Ok so 1500 is a bit tight, I expected to hear that.

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 20, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
You understand that you don’t have a connection on separate tickets, right? If you don’t show up on time for the QR flight on the way out, or the BA flight on the return, the remainder of that ticket is automatically forfeit. Plan accordingly. This is why peopl arrive the night before on the outbound. I’d leave at least three hours on the return.
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
You understand that you donít have a connection on separate tickets, right? If you donít show up on time for the QR flight on the way out, or the BA flight on the return, the remainder of that ticket is automatically forfeit. Plan accordingly. This is why peopl arrive the night before on the outbound. Iíd leave at least three hours on the return.
Yes, title says non-connecting flights...
Old Jan 13, 20, 5:04 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by fluffymitten View Post
I didn't think BA would through check from QR when the itineraries are not linked?
BA will definitely not, but that's the outbound which you aren't asking about (and where I would always stay overnight or have at least 2 "rescue" flights available if same-day)

QR will usually be able to tag your bags to DOH-OSL-LHR on separate tickets, but to be sure you should double check on the QR forum whether your destination airport's QR check-in agents are funny about it.
Old Jan 13, 20, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
BA will definitely not, but that's the outbound which you aren't asking about (and where I would always stay overnight or have at least 2 "rescue" flights available if same-day)

QR will usually be able to tag your bags to DOH-OSL-LHR on separate tickets, but to be sure you should double check on the QR forum whether your destination airport's QR check-in agents are funny about it.
I'm not too bothered about through checked baggage as I was planning on the assumption it wouldn't happen but it's good to know it's worth asking sbout, thank you.

The outbound LON-OSL is being planned to have a weekend in Oslo so definitely have no need for through checked bags. I don't mind being late home but not taking any chances on missing my flights out!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: