GOT hotels?

Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
GOT hotels?

Going to be arriving into GOT (Gothenburg, Sweden) next week around 11pm. Connecting flight around 7:30am.

The nearest hotel seems to sold out, and everything else seems to be 4+ miles away. No idea about transport to and from the airport.

Short of sleeping at the airport, has anyone got any recommendations of where to stay? Don't want to pay loads or ideally more than a hotel for trains / taxis etc.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Have a look at the dedicated Nordics destination board.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/nordic-region-482/
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:47 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If the airport hotel is not taking bookings, I'd just stay in the airport (airside). It doesn't seem worth it to mess around getting to another hotel for 3-4 hours of sleep. At those times I don't think there is any way out of the airport apart from the overpriced coach to city centre, overnight coach to other Swedish cities, or taxis. If it wasn't the middle of winter I would consider taking a coach 2 hours somewhere and 2 hours back if the timetables aligned, or even just walk around the city.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:53 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Moving to the Nordics forum.

stut
Europe Forum
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by xenole
Going to be arriving into GOT (Gothenburg, Sweden) next week around 11pm. Connecting flight around 7:30am.

The nearest hotel seems to sold out, and everything else seems to be 4+ miles away. No idea about transport to and from the airport.

Short of sleeping at the airport, has anyone got any recommendations of where to stay? Don't want to pay loads or ideally more than a hotel for trains / taxis etc.
The airport hotel sometimes has rooms freed up closer to the travel date or freed up on day of travel, but you can't count on that always.

There is the Flygbussarna airport bus that goes from the GOT airport to Gothenburg Central (train station) for 99 SEK each way, but it takes about 30 minutes in each direction. It runs at least every 20 minutes during the evening hours until the last one runs at around 30 minutes past midnight most days of the week.

Hotels around Gothenburg C (central train station) aren't all that expensive always. And even for relatively expensive nights, there are some options to buy Choice points (in the Choice US hotel program) and use them for Choice hotels that are a 1-10 minute walk from the Gothenburg C train station.

With carry-on only luggage, I would choose to go into town, stay there and head back on the bus in the morning. But I can do it for about 1000 SEK all-in including transport costs. Depending on the night of the week, another option may be to go into town on the airport bus, wander around/party/linger in the city and then head back in the morning to the airport.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:25 pm

............. phew ... and there was I thinking the OP wanted to stay in Game of Thrones hotels! xxx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.