Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Iceland for the weekend

Iceland for the weekend

Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, United, American, Singapore
Iceland for the weekend

Whats everyone's suggestions for things to do on a saturday in reykjavik the first weekend of December? We are staying downtown in the city center and will just be relaxing and looking for things to do locally. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:05 pm

Wow! Iceland is really for the outdoors ... for a short trip the Golden Circle is a must. But you are facing limited daylight hours, and possibly bad (windy) and cold weather so don't self-drive ... take a tour. You could also visit the local swimming pools if you don't want to stump up for the Blue Lagoon. Remember that Iceland is very pricey ... your flight is probably the cheapest part of your trip! The local newspaper (available on the internet) The Grapevine (https://grapevine.is/) gives listings of restaurants and happy hours.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:03 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I agree, Golden Circle tour is the most popular. Another option would be a South Coast tour to the 2 bug waterfalls, black sand beach, and Solheimjokull glacier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.